We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Grand Velas the place for my family?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 9
Is Grand Velas the place for my family?

We are planning a family (2 adults, 3 children 11,12 and 15) trip in March-- We take one nice vacation a year - and I love to plan it THANK YOU TA!) - I like to stay someplace where I am living better than at home (ie I love the Four Seasons!)- my kids enjoy nice places(Costa Rica, London) (we all love to snorkel, kids are active but never seem to want to go to kids clubs)but they would be happy with chicken fingers and fries every night - If we go to the PDC area - I think we all would enjoy a trip to Xel-ha,a stroll down 5th avenue and maybe a day trip to Cozumel , - the only adjoining rooms available are in the Zen section - it seems the big attraction at the GV is the food - which would be great for me -not so much for the kids - any other advantages of the GV ? If not does anyone have any other recommendations?? thanks so much

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 7
1. Re: Is Grand Velas the place for my family?

I think your Kids would be bored there. GV is best for adults looking for R&R, or families with young children who would be satisfied with a pool and sandcastles. The kids club is for younger kids also.

NJ
reviews: 9
2. Re: Is Grand Velas the place for my family?

Thank you so much for your reply! Is there any other resort that anyone could recommend for our family?

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 7
3. Re: Is Grand Velas the place for my family?

Sorry. My kids are older and I haven't stayed at any other family AI's in a long time. I love GV and will be staying there in a couple of weeks for the 3rd time, but I really think it would not be a great choice for children your age. I hope someone else can help out. I think you are looking for an upscale AI with the ability to accomodate a family with connected rooms or suites. I have stayed at the Iberostar complex. There is a lot of more appropriate pre-teen/teenage activity there. Perhaps the IB Maya or Lindo? Anyone?

4. Re: Is Grand Velas the place for my family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, January 06, 2014