We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hideaway Playacar vs. The Royal PDC

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
springfield, ma
Royal Hideaway Playacar vs. The Royal PDC

We are narrowing our choices for an anniversary in June. Based on price and reviews we are trying to decide between The Royal in Playa del Carmen Resort OR The Royal Hideaway Playacar.

It looks like they have similar ratings. Is one clearly superior than the other?

Being pampered in luxury is not our typical vacation. Gowns and heels are not being packed, sundresses and Dockers (for him) are.We are not looking for a wild party atmosphere but more of a quiet, relaxing vacation with a gorgeous white beach, calm water to swim, and a clean room. We're not that picky when it comes to food and drink, although he primarily drinks beer, while vino blanco is my drink of choice,

Any advice or thoughts between these two resorts? Any pros and cons for each?

Floyds Knobs...
reviews: 25
1. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar vs. The Royal PDC

Quiet and relaxing is the Royal Hideaway. The Royal is much more entertaining (groups, weddings, activities, swim up bars, ect).

You wouldn't need gowns and things for dinner.

The beach is infinitely better at the RH. The Royal has more of a pool culture.

Sundresses and dockers are fine for the RH. That's all most people wear there for dinners anyway. Some dress up more but it's really up to you.

When we want nightlife and to party a bit more we stay at the Royal but when we want solitude and beach time we pick RH. Hope that helps!

Edmonton
reviews: 14
2. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar vs. The Royal PDC

I was at the Royal Hideaway about 4 weeks ago. It was beautiful and the rooms and grounds were lovely. I absolutely felt out of place not being totally dressed up. Felt like we had to whisper in the lobby bar and pretty much felt like we were out of our league here. I have been to over 20 AI's in Mexico and while this was wonderful, I would not return because it was just too classy for me. Would be great for people who enjoy great food, nice rooms, top shelf liquor and being somewhere where loud music is not the norm.

That was my take on it.

3. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar vs. The Royal PDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 04, 2014