We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta Beach...
reviews: 22
Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

Just read a review about some construction happening, what are they working on? Really hope it's not the aquapark! Heading there in 10 days with 4 very excited kids:)

Maidenhead
reviews: 1
1. Re: Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

Might see you there. We're flying out on the 4th. Also interested to know what the state of the construction is

Shakopee, Minnesota
reviews: 8
2. Re: Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

They are working on several buildings to the west of the children's pool. Bldgs 29 to 36 and also building 77 and 78 (which have no green fences around them). Workers are working 24/7 on 77 and 78 while the others behind the fences are worked on during daylight. Check out the resort layout map (if you have one) or look at it on my website.

You still can get access to the kid's aqua-park.

Edited: 10:42 pm, November 22, 2012
Alberta Beach...
reviews: 22
3. Re: Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

Thanks MnViking45- Wow, I guess we won't be getting any of thoses villas( we requested 30-36) That's alot of builings to be doing at one time. As long as they don't close the aquapark we'll be happy:)6 days and counting!!! Our kids are so excited.

Ontario,Canada
reviews: 5
4. Re: Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

Hola

For current info on Sandos Caracol Email: webrelations.caracol@sandos.com

She will be happy to update you and help with any of your request.

Canada
reviews: 12
5. Re: Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

....just got back. Construction isn't really an issue other than some buildings are being renovated. The Asian restaurant is still closed but the renos are well underway. The Mexican restaurant is also closed and the renos have not yet been started. The resort just keeps on getting better and better! Looking forward to seeing the changes on our next visit.

Web relations (HOLA ALEX!) or the Caracol facebook page are great for current information.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 2
6. Re: Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

Hi Sherry, your back? I thought you were still there. So, you must enjoyed your stay if you want to go back?

Many changes since I was there is April. Maybe next year, we'll see.

Did you try the new restaurant at the Club (I don't remember the name of the restaurant)

Nancy

Canada
reviews: 12
7. Re: Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

Hi Nancy,

Yes we arrived back home Sunday evening.........wish I was still there....sigh...

The new restaurant is great!! Wonderful food, great service and lovely decor. It's in the new RE Club bldg and I think it's called Los Liros or something like that. It is replacing the steak house that was on the beach. The old steak house is the temporary Asian restaurant and once they move back into their bldg (will become a Japanese grill) I'm hearing the vacant restaurant on the beach will become a vegetarian restaurant.

Late at night when the steak house closes, it converts into a disco; We never made it back there to check it out. We were too busy having late night drinks with some other Canadian couples we met out there. Fun times......can't wait to go back!

8. Re: Construction @ Sandos Caracol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 16, 2013