We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Grand Mayan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 2
The Grand Mayan

Do you know how many rooms there is at this resort?

Does the convenience store on the resort has a good selection?

I'm also looking for a map of the resort.

Thanks

Pittsburgh
1. Re: The Grand Mayan

No idea on rooms, but the resort is huge.

The convenience store was large with a good selection including a deli.

Heres a good arial view to give you an idea. of the layout.

funsunmexico.com/blog/…

IL
reviews: 58
2. Re: The Grand Mayan

Nice map - it helps!

IL
reviews: 58
3. Re: The Grand Mayan

Was hoping to see more response to this thread. Maybe have someone list some prices and tips for frugal meals - we will be eating dinner at the resort restaurants - but would like to know prices for common foods sold at the resort market. Anyone out there know this information? Thanks.

4. Re: The Grand Mayan

I don't remember exact food prices from when we stayed there but I remember they were fairly expensive. We got our food from the Mega grocery store in playa... Better prices and a WAY better selection.

Monterey, California
reviews: 24
5. Re: The Grand Mayan

If you do a search for "Grand Mayan Riviera Maya resort map" a variety of maps display. I don't remember the exact food prices, but seemed the same as our prices in CA. We did eat breakfast at the golf course restaurant Green Break, twice, and it was about $12.00 for fruit, eggs and coffee. We would get yogurt, granola, frozen berries and bread for toast at the store in Playa, and eat most of our breakfasts on our patio each morning.

The buffet with the show cost about $30.00. We ended-up just watching the show and skipping the buffet. Not a great show, in our opinions and we got eaten alive by mosquitoes. So, if you see the show make sure to cover-up with bug spray. We did like the resort but, mostly used it as a base to do activities off-resort because we had a car. Very fun place with lots of pools...and they played their music at a decent volume, that did not overpower conversation.

6. Re: The Grand Mayan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, August 01, 2014