We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

topless

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
notts
reviews: 8
topless

hi is sunbathing topless acceptable at sandos playacar resort ?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
1. Re: topless

"Acceptable" is subjective - some people don't care, others will be offended.

I've yet to visit Mexico and not see anyone topless on the beach. The ratio of topless to non seems to vary in direct relation to the number of European guests in attendance. Most ladies are pretty discreet - i.e. just laying down sunbathing. It's pretty rare (IME) to see anyone walking around the beach topless or frolicking in the ocean.

Some resorts specifically post signs that topless sunbathing around the pool is not permitted. I don't know about Sandos specifically but since it is a family resort, it wouldn't surprise be if toplessness around the pool is a no-no.

Cheshire, England.
reviews: 3
2. Re: topless

Yep, us Europeans do tend to get our boobs out!

Edited: 3:12 pm, April 22, 2012
Davie, Florida
reviews: 2
3. Re: topless

more yer a peeins in tulum so more topless goin on

notts
4. Re: topless

yes i am verey descreet about it and wouldnt dream about walking around and going in to the sea topless i think that is very wrong

notts
5. Re: topless

wwwhooo and why not lol

B.C. Canada
reviews: 13
6. Re: topless

We stay just down the street at the Riu Palace Mexico and over the years we've been there I'd say 10 - 20% go topless, some when going into the sea. There's also the occasional one (or two? LOL) around the pools as well. And lots of Americans and Canadians do as well. They just need the encouragement from the Europeans. :-)

Cheshire, England.
reviews: 3
7. Re: topless

Man boobs are a definite no no though! So are banana slings/budge smugglers!

Edited: 4:19 pm, April 22, 2012
8. Re: topless

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:03 pm, January 21, 2013
Edited: 7:03 pm, January 21, 2013
Portland, Maine
reviews: 42
9. Re: topless

This was our first trip to Playa. Saw one topless female in the 12 days we were there.

Previous vacations in the Cancun area it was very common. Not sure what the difference was in Playa.

Edmond, Oklahoma
reviews: 19
10. Re: topless

We've stayed at the Sandos, and the wife was topless daily, as were many, many other women. Very common place.