We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xel- Ha ?????

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
Xel- Ha ?????

I want to do Xel-ha All Inclusive when i go would ya'll recommend just buying a package thru my resort with the shuttle and all or just taxi or bus it over? are taxi's plantiful to get back?? Staying at IB Del Mar again!!!! thanks for any help

Georgia
reviews: 2
1. Re: Xel- Ha ?????

Hi Sammy,

My husband and I did the Xel-Ha last year and got went through our resort. They pick us at at the resort around 8:00 am and did not get there until almost 10:30. We then had to leave by 5:00. I would take a bus or taxi and get there as soon as it opens. It opens at 8:00. There is so much to do there and the AI is worth every penny. You can look up the website Xel-Ha and see the prices. You can also save more if you get the entertainment plus card which we plan on using. You'll love the jack fish. They are so big & they are everywhere. Kinda scarey until you get use to it.

Hope I could have been of some help.

Have a great time.

Debe

Kansas City
reviews: 3
2. Re: Xel- Ha ?????

I would suggest renting a car and going yourself. We went on a Sunday and it was 1/2 price. Sunday is a good day to go because no cruise ships are dropping people off. On our first trip, we took a taxi and our driver waited for us outside in the parking lot. We felt a little strange about that and kind of rushed through the park. We plan to stay a full day this time. Going 4/28 - can't wait!

Ontario, Canada
3. Re: Xel- Ha ?????

If we take a taxi to Xel-Ha, how easy is it to get a taxi back to the resort at the end of the day? We're staying at the Royal Porto Real.

Kansas City
4. Re: Xel- Ha ?????

When we left, I saw a few taxis in the parking lot waiting for people. I don't think you will have a problem. You can always walk to the main road and flag one down. Make sure you ask how much, quantro, before getting in. We paid $80.00 to and from Royal Hideaway with our taxi driver waiting for us. He said he'd wait four hours. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
5. Re: Xel- Ha ?????

LisainKC

Was the all Inclusive half price??? Is renting a car hard? like if we just wanted to for the day?....80 dollars for a taxi seems knda steep....with the price of admission you might as well buy the package thru the hotel

Kansas City
6. Re: Xel- Ha ?????

Sammy, I'm not sure what the AI package includes at Xel-Ha. We rented a car at our hotel and it was $55 or $60 for 24 hours. We paid $24.00/per person to get into Xel-Ha on Sunday. It all depends on your comfort level and how long you want to stay. I wouldn't enjoy taking the tour bus with a bunch of people because you have to stick to their schedule. I'm on vacation and I want to do as I please 24/7.