We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, NY
reviews: 26
Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

USA Transfers are the best and most affordable!! Believe me, been to Mexico a dozen times and they are by far the most dependable and cheapest!!! Trina is the best! You can get all their info just by typing in USA Transfer and getting a quote, confirmation/voucher online!

Listed below are just additional numbers if needed

Entertainment Plus Cancun

914-0290 (local in Cancun)

011-52-998-914-0290 (from US or Canada)

37 replies to this topic
Cincinnati
reviews: 29
1. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

Actually, I compared both USA Transfers and Cancun-Transfers.net and Cancun-Transfers was cheaper by about $10 each way on my last two visits. Suzy is great with customer service and they are prompt and reliable.

Just my dos cientas....

Beechluver

Ct.
reviews: 17
2. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

I have researched several websites for transfers. I agree the cancun transfers are cheaper and it is a private transport! Can't beat that. Most peopel recommend setting up their pickup from the airport and taking a taxi back- it is cheaper

CO
reviews: 11
3. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

The "cheapest":

ADO Bus (if staying in/close PDC or Playacar)

On-site vans (private or shared, no reservations needed)

Book one way through private company & return in a taxi

The private transportation companies are the most expensive for a round trip ride compared to the other options.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
reviews: 7
4. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

The ADO bus gets my thumbs up. But, only if you are going to Playa del Carmen or Playacar.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
5. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

Does JC get a free trip/transfer out of this???

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 26
6. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

So if I am staying at the Royal in PDC would most people recommend bus or pvt van then taxi for return?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
7. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

Pascorp - your choice. Bus is going to be the least expensive option.

Personally, after a 6+ hour flight (and the interminable airport time), the last thing I want to do is get on a bus, no matter how luxurious/convenient/cheap. For me, it's private transfers all the way but only you can decide what's best for you based on your own expense versus hassle tolerance.

CO
reviews: 11
8. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

For the Royal, the least expensive option is the ADO Bus then short taxi to hotel or a van found on-site. Both would be almost the same cost.

Taxi back to airport or buy a bus ticket the day before.

I prefer controlling my own travel and timeline. Not looking for a sign broadcasting my name or trying to find an employee in a certain kind of uniform.

More info on the right under Top Questions.

Cancun Vans is one company I will never recommend after their self-promotion and threats to myself and another TA member. I was leery of these companies before and made me even more so.

No need to pay $80-100 for a $20-$60 round trip ride IMO.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 1
9. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the public bus the cheapest way to get to Cancun from the airport? $4 or $10 for Playa?

www.cancun-airport.com/public-buses.htm

Massachusetts
reviews: 23
10. Re: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun

One reason I love TA, I was just going to submit a question on this topic . We have always gone with whomever we booked our trip with, but the last few times we had some problems with one company and I couldn't think of the name of any others. USA Transfers is now on my list, lol. I checked others here on the website and they are a little more expensive.

As for waiting until you get to the airport to get a taxi, I understood the taxis cost more leaving the airport and I'd rather have someone waiting for me than me waiting for the driver to go get his cab or have to follow him with luggage.

The times we were in Paraiso and Playa Maroma, the taxis cost $35 to return to the airport, that being a few years ago, I'm sure it is more now. I just feel better prebooking.

Reply to: Most Affordable Airport Transfers in Cancun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted