We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Porto Real - Dec 11-18

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
calgary,ab
reviews: 4
Gran Porto Real - Dec 11-18

Any body out there going to be there at this time?

We've been to the hotel before but never stayed there. Booked the RPR last year and found out shortly before we left through this iste that construction wasn't completed so had to move down the beach to Akumal. Nice place but missed PDC.

Looking forward to getting back. Counting the days!

evansville indiana
1. Re: Gran Porto Real - Dec 11-18

We are going dec 10th to the 16th we have

stayed here before is a very nice place

close to town so you can walk. Look us up

when you get there maybe we can have a drink

to all those we leave behind in the cold.

Randy & Sherri

calgary,ab
reviews: 4
2. Re: Gran Porto Real - Dec 11-18

Well happyhoosiers, Randy and Sherri, hope to see you there. We are Shaun and Judy. In our late 40's and can be found lounging around the pool if not walking the beach or around town.

I've read some recent posts commenting on the GPR being closed. Not due to Wilma, just taking advantage of the slow down and completing some reno's. They have moved people across the street to the RPR. This would't be a bad thing either.

You're right though, great location. Close to town. Last year we stayed at the Bahia Principe Akumal about a 30 min. colectivo ride south. Nice hotel but just a little too isolated for us. We spent too much time on the road back an forth to PDC.

Hope we can meet up. See you there:)

evansville indiana
3. Re: Gran Porto Real - Dec 11-18

glad to hear from you

we are in our mid 40's

and have been looking forward to this vacation

we stayed here about 3 years ago it was very nice if they decide to move us thats ok too

we plan on celebrating sherri's birthday there

hope you can join us for a drink its on the 11th and drinks are on us haha!

we look forward to seeing you

just 8 days till we go

but who's counting

we have been down there before and partied

with some folks in you neck of the woods

had a great time

you will knows us by the two white people from indiana or just our good nature in talking to everyone

see you soon

randy and sherri

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 5
4. Re: Gran Porto Real - Dec 11-18

Hola Randy and Sherri, posting in at another location.

We won't be arriving in Cancun till about 2 or 3 on the 11th, baggage, cool one or two on the bus to PDC, check in at the hotel and all that jass, so I don't expect our cocktail hour to start till about 6 or so if we're lucky.

We might have to wait till the 12th.

We'll have to set something up so we can have our drink together. Many of us (northerners) are white on the first day, red on the second, so it might be hard to distinguish us all apart. At least I'll know not to look for the couple with the one week tan!

I'll try and wear a red tshirt around the pool with the flaming C (Calgary Flames - Hockey)on it on Monday. This may help.

Like you guys, we are looking very much forward to our trip. We're celebrating our 20th along with birthdays for both of us. Good of an excuse as any to hit the beach and can't think of a better place than PDC.

Our weather here has dropped from the mid 60's last week to a bone chilling 0 or so. It's suppose to warm up pretty quick but we always like it better if it's cold when you leave. Makes the holiday that much more enjoyable.

Here's hoping we can meet up:)

evansville indiana
5. Re: Gran Porto Real - Dec 11-18

Sounds like the birthday partys are on for the week.Will be looking for that red shirt

on monday if we dont see you on sunday.We will more than likely be at the bar close to the water taking in the warm breeze. Like you the last time we stayed south at eldorado ss

it was also a bit far out but was nice place.

Looking forward to R&R walking the beach and into town,might try to get a snorkling trip in as thats always a good time.We were going

to go down the week after wilma hit but moved

it back so were so ready for this vacation.

Will be looking for you.

Randy&Sherri

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 5
6. Re: Gran Porto Real - Dec 11-18

Hola Randy and Sherri,

Ready to go? I'm panicing. Can't find my snorkel and flippers(essentials). Packed them away somewhere so I wouldn't loose them.

We were gong to go up to Cancun (island) for a day but after doing a little research things don't look too good up there. Looks like they took a good hit from Wilma. Certainly more than PDC.

They haven't even been advertizing Cancun in our travel sections in the paper.

See you there:)

evansville indiana
7. Re: Gran Porto Real - Dec 11-18

Its getting about time the passports are out,

the next thing you know the suitcases will

hit the bed ready to be filled. We have a early flight out of here on sat. 6:30 to

Memphis then on to Cancun by 12:00 or so,hope

to have drink in hand as soon as we clear

customs.The forcast for here today is for

5-7 inches of snow that will look good from the plane window haha. Looking forward to

seeing you guys there on sunday will keep

our eyes open for you and have that drink.

Randy & Sherri