We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long do you stay in PDC?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 67
how long do you stay in PDC?

WE have finally decided to stay at IB Paraiso Del Mar. Now I need to decide HOW LONG? We originally thought we'd go Sunday(arriving early afternoon) and leaving Friday but now I think we may want to stay until Saturday. We plan to go to Xcaret for one day and maybe do a catamaran snorkel trip -that would leave us 2 days at resort- Is the catamaran trip a half day?

jackson, nj
reviews: 7
1. Re: how long do you stay in PDC?

As LONG as possible!!!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
reviews: 4
2. Re: how long do you stay in PDC?

I think five nights is plenty. My parents go frequently and have stayed 3 night to 9 nights. They, aslo, agree that five nights is a good number.

Manchester,UK
reviews: 5
3. Re: how long do you stay in PDC?

I'm with Lucy on this. 2 weeks was not enough last year, that's why we're going back. Having said that it takes 10 hours to get there from the UK so you need a day or so to get over the jet lag. I could probably cope with 10 days if it only took me 3 hours to get there.

Missouri
reviews: 7
4. Re: how long do you stay in PDC?

We have always gone Saturday to Saturday, but this March we're going Monday to Monday. 7 nights is a perfect amount for us. That's about as much family bonding we can take at one time!!! : )

Tx
reviews: 1
5. Re: how long do you stay in PDC?

We have always just gone for 4 nights/days (arriving very early on the first day)...It was never enough time...but all we could spare. Hopefully next summer we can go 5 nights. When you do charter flights though, you have to go on their schedule; 3,4, or 7 nigts...never 5. Bummer!

My advice, go and stay as long as you can. You will love yourself for it!

B.C. Canada
reviews: 16
6. Re: how long do you stay in PDC?

Two weeks for sure. Tried one week, not enough. Tried two weeks, still not enough.

CT
reviews: 2
7. Re: how long do you stay in PDC?

We stayed at the "beach" for 7 nights last year. This year were staying for 10 days. We felt we needed a little bit more time. Our kids were 4 and 12 last November, and they both were not ready to leave!! My husband and I weren't either. I'd stay for at least a week,if you can.

Toledo, Ohio
reviews: 29
8. Re: how long do you stay in PDC?

We were there in July for 8 days. It was supposed to be 10, but left early due to the hurricane. We loved it so much that we went back in August for 4 more days! AND if we had the $$, would be making another trip this fall. There is SO much to do and see that it will take us several trips to get caught up! We like to move around though and not stay in one spot the whole time.