We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun or Iberostar Lindo

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun or Iberostar Lindo

Help please?

Can't decide which hotel to visit for honeymoon next year? It's either 3 weeks at the Lindo or 2 weeks a Secrets! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou

Methuen, MA
reviews: 3
1. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun or Iberostar Lindo

Have been to both Iberostar and Secrets. Hands down Secrets gets my vote!!

Secrets is adults only (very important on a honeymoon), all ala carte restaurants with no reservations required, The food and service is first class, the rooms have 2 person jacuzzi tubs in them and are all suites.

When we went to the Iberstar we thought it was way too big, too many buffets with mediocre food, too many bugs as it is "jungley" and too many families.

I can't imagine your not being happy at Secrets and I think two GREAT weeks is better than 3 SO-SO weeks.

Kathy

Lancaster, PA
reviews: 6
2. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun or Iberostar Lindo

When are you going? Lindo is definitely family oriented but if you are going during an "off" period you may not get as many kids as you would if you are going in June. I think you have to decide if having kids even in small numbers would that bother you? If so then you have your answer...Go to the adult only Secrets. I know it might be a pain moving but would your budget afford 1 week at secrets and 2 at the Lindo? Might be a nice compromise.

Tempe, Arizona
3. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun or Iberostar Lindo

I would say Secrets. On the way to the Secrets Resort from the airport our shuttle stopped at Iberostar first and that place was HUGE! Secrets was quite nice and the adults only thing is great..

UK
4. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun or Iberostar Lindo

Thanks All!

Get married next year (last Saturday in August) so would leaving UK a couple of days after that! It's either 2 wks at Secrets or 3 wks at Lindo. Secrets looks awesome but the idea of a 3 wk vacation is SO appealing! Just hope the weather is OK at that time of year!!!

5. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun or Iberostar Lindo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:50 am, May 30, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
6. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun or Iberostar Lindo

Lemarier is absolutely right....it's a no-brainer. Secrets Excellence is fantastic and even more so for honeymooners.