We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is IB Lindo at 100% since hurricane

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 8
Is IB Lindo at 100% since hurricane

We are going in Oct. Wanted to know from someone who was just there, if the IB Lindo is up and running at 100% since hurricane? Are all restaurants and beach facilities opporational? Are the bugs still really bad? Does the bridge area to the beach still smell bad?

Thanks for any and all answers!

Virginia
reviews: 1
1. Re: Is IB Lindo at 100% since hurricane

We just returned from Lindo on 9/1, and I believe 1 restaurant was still closed, unfortunately I don't know which one that would be. I can tell you the Gourmet, Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Cajun, Japanese, and Steakhouse were all open. This was our first visit and we found the bugs to be very bad. The sand fleas were pretty bad, and around 7pm the mosquitoes would come out heavy. One bridge to the beach is still closed, and yes there was a smell while crossing over the operable bridge to the beach. All in all we had a wonderful time, and found the bugs to be the only negative aspect of the trip.

Chicago, Illinois
2. Re: Is IB Lindo at 100% since hurricane

missyrn: would you reccommend to visit this resort, or do you think it is not a good time to go? I have been to Mexico before at the IB Tucan about 3 years ago, and we had no problems at all with bugs of any type. Do you think it is very buggy because of the hurricane or did you get the impression it was always like that?

Virginia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Is IB Lindo at 100% since hurricane

Being this was our first trip to Mexico it would be very hard for me to say if the bug situation was "normal". Hopefully some frequent travellers of Mexico can help you with this one.

Chicago, Illinois
4. Re: Is IB Lindo at 100% since hurricane

Anyone else just get back from the LINDO? Any and all updates, review, comments would be appreciated!