We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tucan - a tale of woe

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Grinstead...
Tucan - a tale of woe

Hi Evryone

Booked the Tucan for 2 weeks commencing 22/7, however Emily forced our holiday company to cancel the holiday 30 hours before departure with no alternate but the relief of a full refund which was great as we booked the holiday 14 months ago and been saving like mad! We managed to find another operator who'll take us out on 12/12 so we'll be eating our crimble dinner on the beach.

Anyone else been bounced? As we're a family of 6 we haven't been able to rebook another summer holiday (apart from the 1* studio in Corfu - which we politely declined) . So, its summer in blighty.

Need info on dolphin swimming, quad bikes, horse riding and waterparks for the kids. Me and the boss need to know about the best cocktails!

Be Lucky!

Wisconsin
reviews: 9
1. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

Bubbles-

I don't have any of the answers you are looking for, but I must know what a crimble dinner is?

Lost
reviews: 3
2. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

I'm dying to know myself. Must be Christmas. I think you'll be glad your going in December. Just more anticipation! Just think, your trip would be half over by now and soon a distant memory.

new york, new york
reviews: 12
3. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

bubbles if you e-mail me at groovyhipchick@aol.com, I will send you sights with info on the activities you're looking for.

Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
4. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

Don't know about dolpin swim settings, but the ATV Jungle Tours are running, horseback riding was available at least at Punta Venado, the last I heard, and you'll get a mixed bag on the big parks, with Xel-Ha back open but Xcaret still closed, I believe (just for example).

Steve

Scotland, UK
reviews: 27
5. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

Crimble or Crimbo dinner is yes Christmas dinner.

Bubbles we will be at the Tucan from the 7th December - nice time to go I believe - no hurricane for one thing!! Which tour operator were you booked with and who are you now booked with?? Just curious.

Maybe we (hubby and me) can get meet up with your lot and sample ALL the cocktails!!

Scotland, UK
reviews: 27
6. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

Crimble or Crimbo dinner is yes Christmas dinner.

Bubbles we will be at the Tucan from the 7th December - nice time to go I believe - no hurricane for one thing!! Which tour operator were you booked with and who are you now booked with?? Just curious.

Maybe we (hubby and me) can get meet up with your lot and sample ALL the cocktails!!

Charleston, South...
reviews: 17
7. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

Just checkd out dolphin discovery and they have re-opened.

www.dolphindiscovery.com

East Grinstead...
8. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

Hiya Luvavcation

It's Christmas Dinner - sorry if you thought it was anything more exotic than that!

East Grinstead...
9. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

Hiya Gang

Firstly, many many thanks for the info - Margib you are a star, the info is spot on. Also, to Steve (playamaya) and et al. ERnurse you are absolutly right about the holiday being a distant memory etc much appeciated, especially as the cocktails would have been AI.

Sallymac- we booked with First Choice via a TA (Holiday hyprmarket) - we were so fed up losing our hols so near to departure date that I just rang round for the best deal. We originally booked with Airtours!! We'ed love to meet up with you and sample all the cocktails! My beter half is from Broughty Fery nr. Dundee - are you near?

Should I warn the hotel there are Scots on the way?

Take care all x

ps - the weather in SE England is awful (we've had more rain in July than in March this year).

East Grinstead...
10. Re: Tucan - a tale of woe

Hiya Gang

Firstly, many many thanks for the info - Margib you are a star, the info is spot on. Also, to Steve (playamaya) and et al. ERnurse you are absolutly right about the holiday being a distant memory etc much appeciated, especially as the cocktails would have been AI.

Sallymac- we booked with First Choice via a TA (Holiday hyprmarket) - we were so fed up losing our hols so near to departure date that I just rang round for the best deal. We originally booked with Airtours!! We'ed love to meet up with you and sample all the cocktails! My beter half is from Broughty Fery nr. Dundee - are you near?

Should I warn the hotel there are Scots on the way?

Take care all x

ps - the weather in SE England is awful (we've had more rain in July than in March this year).