We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please..no way to cancel 7/22..so I want to make the...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st louis
reviews: 3
Advice please..no way to cancel 7/22..so I want to make the...

I am very aware of the hurricane situation...but the reality is that I have no way to cancel my trip that we have planned and so I would like to charge full steam ahead with the vacation plans and make the best out of this bad situation. Below is my original post and if anyone can help with these questions I would truly appreciate it.......

My fiance and myself have read and reread so many reviews and finallly turned our money over to the El dorado Royale. Good or bad it is now where we are staying..so I am not obsessing over any bad reviews (Jason is VERY happy about this since I kept him up until 3am the other night with my new hobby, poor guy. He finally got some rest when I passed out at the computer.)

We are leaving July 22nd and staying for a mere 3 NIGHTS! It just doesn't seem like enough time. I have never been to Mexico, never been to an all-inclusive either and am very unsure about what I can cram in. ANY ADVICE ON WHAT ARE MUST DO'S AROUND THE RESORT AND AROUND THE AREA would be greatly appreciated.....favorite shopping spots, restaurants, day trips, events, snorkeling places, parasailing, etc. I know not what to expect.

Also, at the resort how does the food sitaution work? I have read things about RESERVATIONS. I wonder if I can make them from home before the trip or have to wait til we get there. Since we are only staying for 3 nights I am concerned we won't get anything of choice. Is it possible to eat at several establishments at the resort or does an all inclusive there offer one breakfast, one lunch, one dinner a day? Do you somehow use up "VOUCHERS" of some kind as you go along? Or can we have dinner at one at 5:00pm, let's say, and then at another at 9:00pm? Are SNACKS provided? Any specialty DRINKS we shouldn't miss? Does anyone know if there is wireless internet or internet of any kind? (That is Jason's question. He thinks that I will let him bring his laptop...ha ha ;-) Hhhhmmm...what other questions can I think of....I just want to make the most of my time and this vacation..it is my 30th bday. Yay! If anyone feels they can help it would be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to send emails or pics to my email.

Best wishes,

Dahlia

ohmydahlia@yahoo.com

Deland, FL
1. Re: Advice please..no way to cancel 7/22..so I want to make the...

Dahlia,

Although I am not staying at the same resort, I am also leaving on 7/23 to the PDC area and all the reports I have read say that the damage is minimal and most resorts will be back to normal well before this weekend. Don't worry...just go and have fun!

Toronto
2. Re: Advice please..no way to cancel 7/22..so I want to make the...

Same boat... have to go ahead for sure.

Just pending for a reply from the hotel and people there...

Anyone going to stay in Grand Xcaret?

Williamsburg, VA
reviews: 5
3. Re: Advice please..no way to cancel 7/22..so I want to make the...

Go, enjoy and expect to see some damage. You can still go snorkeling or on a boat ride or shopping in PDC. There is place that I can't wait to go to called Hidden World it has excellent caves you can tour and snorkel in. They have a website. Also, you'll be with your fiance have a couple of drinks you'll figure out how to spend your time. Have Fun!