We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - applevacations and AVOC Insurance problem

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, OH
Help - applevacations and AVOC Insurance problem

Ok - fellow travel friends, I need some advice. I purchased our vaca for Sept through Apple which I've used before and never had any problems. Well - this time, I was looking on line and they've dropped the price of our trip about $60.00 a person. I do have the AVOK insurance purchased which includes their best price guarantee (see below). However, they are saying we are not eligable because we haved scehduled air vs. charter air. I believe this to be BS as it says nothing to that effect of which air type is excluded in their policy. My travel agent is supposed to be working this out, but I was wondering if any of you have ran into this and have any advice for me?

Thanks!

I'm posting their policy straight from their website...

"Q: I already purchased my vacation, and now the price has gone even lower! How do I take advantage of Apple's "Best Price Guarantee"?

A: "Best Price Guarantee" is available only when you purchase the AVOK plan. Have your Travel Agent call our Customer Service desk, where they will check for the current price on the identical package that you have booked. If this price is lower than the booked tour, you get the better price. It's that easy!

"

Pittsburgh
21. Re: Help - applevacations and AVOC Insurance problem

You have to read the whole Apple AVOK policy. As far as the best price guarantee- It states "this benefit does not apply to: Air only or super airfares, Square Deals, groups or certain classes of scheduled airline tickets. Is the new price on the same class of seats, for example S class, V class, or Q class? And is it the same type, for example published air as opposed to contracted bulk air?