We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Rooms @ Iberostar Maya closest to beach or pool?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, New...
reviews: 2
Best Rooms @ Iberostar Maya closest to beach or pool?

Hi, I was wondering what the best rooms are to be closest to the beach and or pool view. I am almost ready to book my vacation for september at this location, however I am used to sitting on the balcony having my morning coffee while looking out at the ocean (My late afternoon cocktail also) :)

I really don't want to be looking into the courtyard. Everything about this place seems so great! How far is it to the beach? Is it all 2 storys high? How is the nightlife?

Is the Maya side really much different from the Lindo side?

Oh well, I'll stop asking questions (although I can think of 100's more).........

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.......

Midwest, USA
reviews: 217
1. Re: Best Rooms @ Iberostar Maya closest to beach or pool?

I wouldn't get your hopes up for an ocean view from your room. The property runs perpendicular to the beach, so there is only one building where you even have a chance of an ocean view. Even if you're in building 60, there are a boardwalk, some trees and other vegetation between the building and the beach. If you book the really expensive Honeymoon or Presidential suites, you have a pretty good chance of an ocean view. Booking a Superior Suite may also increase the odds, since many of them are in building 60. Otherwise... it could happen, but the odds are against it.

The good news is that if you ask for a pool or jungle view, there are a lot of rooms where they could accommodate you. Although, I have to say, the Maya courtyards are really beautiful. You could do a lot worse than a courtyard view!

The Maya guest buildings are three stories. There are elevators. The building closest to the beach, building 60, is about a minute's walk from the beach. Building 65 is less than 10 minutes' walk from the beach, at a slow pace.

The nightlife is pretty sedate, but they have shows and dancing and the bars stay open late. You can also walk over to the adjoining Iberostar Del Mar/Beach property, where the nightlife tends to be a little livelier and the disco draws a larger crowd.

The Maya side has prettier courtyards than the Lindo, I think. We very much enjoyed walking through them to get from building 60 to the lobby and restaurants. Each one is different, and they are all imaginatively landscaped and decorated. The Lindo side is also very lovely, though. The whole property is beautifully landscaped and maintained.

N.H.
2. Re: Best Rooms @ Iberostar Maya closest to beach or pool?

I agree with CoralReef, the courtyard views are beautiful!

My husband and I were in building 62, 2nd floor overlooking trees and beautiful flowers. The balcony was great for coffee in the morning, reading or having a drink before dinner. It was soooo quiet and peaceful.

The Maya was absolutely gorgeous, the staff was wonderful and very helpful, and believe me when I tell you that the Iberostar Maya will not dissapoint you.

There are so many reviews for you to look over with all the answers to any question you might have. And if you have a question about anything, just come to this site and ask away, because everyone is willing to help out.