We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaraunt for lobster?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 1
Good restaraunt for lobster?

Anyone know of a really good seafood restaraunt in PDC?

Saskatoon, Canada
1. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

I would also like to know this... as well how much to expect to pay....

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 35
2. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

Well, there's the Blue Lobster...but I've heard mixed reviews. Seafood is on most menus in Playa, in one form or another. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for....

Tina

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 67
3. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

You will not find lobster especially cheap in the area, which has always surprised me a bit. And sorry, but I hope someone else can help you with a seafood restaurant in Playa.

Connecticut
4. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

I think i read in a prior post somewhere that the lobster down there isn't like the lobster further north.

Never been, so i don't know for sure,

anyone?

Edmonton CANADA
5. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

We had lobster tail at ALUX it was about $45 U.S. But it was rather large and it seemed more like 1 1/2 lobster tails. We split it. It was very good, they offered it au gratin and other ways but we got it grilled with a side of garlic butter... mmmmmmmmm so good lol

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 3
6. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

There is a huge difference between warm water and cold water lobster. A main lobster is very tender and has a more flavor. Warm water lobster can be very tough and tastless in comparison. If drenched in butter though, it may not matter. I grew up on cold water lobster and won't bother with anything else. Lots of people can't tell the difference though.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 67
7. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

I agree--the cold lobster is much better, in my opinion. To me, it is overpriced in this area and just not worth it.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 2
8. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

Lobster would not be my choice meal in Playa. Been to the Blue Lobster and tried their lobster --- less than memorable.

California
9. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

Thanks everyone for your input! That explains why the lobster I had at La Parilla was rather dry and tough, I thought it was because they had fried or grilled it, instead of steaming it like in the states.

Lockport, NY
10. Re: Good restaraunt for lobster?

How is the shrimp?