We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legal Documentation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lafayette, Louisiana
reviews: 1
Legal Documentation

Will be traveling from the USA to Iberostar Tucan in Mexico next week. Family of two adults and two children. Will be bringing original birth certificates with raised seal as well as picture ID's. Also traveling with my stepson, will be bringing a notarized letter of consent to travel with his mother but not is biological father. Do we need anything else? Also is it O.K. to bring vitamins and over the counter medications as long as they are in their original packages. Will I have any problems at airport of customs in Mexico with these. Thanks

North_Shore
reviews: 1
1. Re: Legal Documentation

travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 67
2. Re: Legal Documentation

Sounds like you have it well covered. You will not have any problems with the vitmins and medications.

Missouri
reviews: 7
3. Re: Legal Documentation

Is the stepson not your husband's bio son? I'm confused. If he is not your bio son, and is not travelling with either bio parent, he needs the notarized letter from both bio parents. Think you may want to double check that part before you go. No problems with vitamins and otc meds. I took a bunch with us.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 67
4. Re: Legal Documentation

Just read the information about the stepson again and am confused also. Maybe need to check the documentation.

Lancaster, PA
reviews: 6
5. Re: Legal Documentation

Read again. I think ivoor is the stepdad!

Charleston, South...
reviews: 17
6. Re: Legal Documentation

From what I understand your wife is the Bio Mom so the bio Dad needs to issue the notarized letter of consent. (We just returned with a friend for our daughter and were not asked for the letter but it's best to have it.) Make sure Birth Certs are issued by the Governemnt (City) NOT by the hospital. I saw a whole family get turned away from boarding as they had hospital issued BCs. Have fun.

New Milford, CT
reviews: 42
7. Re: Legal Documentation

We have always been asked for letters in the past, but our last trip in April they did not request letters. There had been talk in earlier posts about this.