We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Merida hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
saint paul,mn
reviews: 1
Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

After about ten trips to Tulum in the last 15 years or so we're finally going to drive to Merida which we're really excited about. We're in Tulum from the 10th to the 23rd of February and since this is a last minute idea we'd like to play it by ear.

It looks like in order to do this we'd have to go mid-week because many of the hotels we're interested in are already booked friday and saturday during our time frame.

One thing we'd like to do (probably obviously) is visit the markets. I have lots of questions for you experts about the markets in Merida but now we're wondering if some are only open on the weekends or sunday? It looks as though some may be only open sunday from what I've read but the info is a little conflicting. So, if we go on weekdays what would we miss?

Are markets or anything else weekend only?

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
reviews: 75
11. Re: Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

There is a flea market on Sunday mornings in Colonia Chuburna... that's probably the one you read about.

Merida, Yucatan
Destination Expert
for Merida
reviews: 104
12. Re: Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

Just to clarify, Playaguya, the zoo is closed too on Mondays - it's government run.

Regarding tours, I saw a single deck Turibus yesterday. It had open sides and was much more like the Carnavalito style. I'm not sure how many departures are using these vehicles.

Leigh-on Sea...
reviews: 384
13. Re: Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

I can suggest a lovely guesthouse, as an alternative to a hotel. I have stayed there a couple of times. It is set in a 19th Century home close to Santiago Park and just a 10-15 minute walk to Centro. Get a real feel of Merida living. There is parking available there. It is Casa Don Alfredo

www.casadonalfredo.com

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 66
14. Re: Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

The Dolores Alba hotel has parking.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 58
15. Re: Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

Yes, the Dolores Alba is one of my favorites. And a very spacious parking lot with self parking and security cams. Rare in Merida.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 54
16. Re: Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

Las Cascadas also has limited locked parking. When I was there in December they mentioned a lot down the street too, but I dont think it is ready yet.

pittsburgh
reviews: 43
17. Re: Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

All the markets are open mid-week. The main market is open seven days a week.

18. Re: Merida visit..weekdays only, what will we miss?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, May 12, 2013