We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Merida hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Perry, Canada
Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

How long of a bus ride is it? How much does it cost? Where do we catch this bus?

Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

There is a direct bus from the ADO station downtown to Fiesta Americana. It takes 4.5 hours to arrive. you can do a #1 bus or the Platinum (More expensive)

They are both good rides and comfortable with ac. Check the ADO site for prices.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 58
2. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

ADO has several direct services in the afternoon directly from the Ca ncun airport to Merida Fiesta Americana. However , be aware that some are ADOs 15 passenger vans and not buses---the 130 PM departure is a comfortable first class bus. I dont find the vans very comfortable for a 4 hour ride. You can see all information at www.ado.com.mx

Merida, Mexico
reviews: 195
3. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

there are several busses/vans from CUN airport to fiesta americana. they leave from outside terminal 3 on the right hand side, or from platform 68 terminal 2. it takes about 4 hours from the airport to fiesta americana. you save plenty of time rather than going downtown from the airport to cancun centro and connect there. the vans are perfectly adequate. the trips on the vans cost about 400 pesos one way or 30 dollars us.

Edited: 6:39 pm, October 07, 2011
california
reviews: 10
4. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

If I have a group of 6 - 8 folks, can we reserve a van?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
5. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

No, you can only buy single tickets on ADO vans. I would go downtown on the ADO bus and ride a comfortable ADO first class, ADO GL or Platino bus. The vans may be perfectly adequate for some, but not for me.

Cape Cod
6. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

Yes, you can hire a van and a driver if you want, just not from ADO, which I believe is what Robert SDF meant. With a group of 6-8, you might be able to do it for close to the same price as first class tickets on ADO.

William Lawson who haunts this forum would know more about that than me.

Have a great trip!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
7. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

Thanks, thats what I meant, EJ. Just didnt make myself clear!

Just out of curiosity, I looked at several private vans and they wanted around 500 dollars. The ADO fare is 460 pesos per person. You can do the math.

Good suggestion to contact Bill Lawson.

San Francisco...
reviews: 28
8. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

I took the ADO VAN directly from Cancun Airport to Merida on 10/5 arnd 445pm. The fare was 460 pesos per person and it was a small VAN which doesn't have enough leg room and it is not comfortable enough for the 4-5 hours bus ride. I strongly suggest to go to the bus terminal at DOWNTOWN Cancun from the airport and take the ADO bus to Merida FROM the Downtown Cancun bus terminal, instead of the direct ADO bus from Cancun airport to Merida. Most likely it would be the regular bus instead of a van. I learned this the hard way and I hope this will give more clear info about ADO busride from Cancun airport to Merida.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
9. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

Agree with Mel. Several have argued with me that the vans are ok but I dont agree. All service from the ADO Cancun terminal is by very comfortable buses with a clean restroom. Well worth going into Cancun.

Port Perry, Canada
10. Re: Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida

Bus from Cancun Airport to Fiesta Americano in Merida -- where do you catch the bus?