We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction near Casa de los Suenos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 1
Construction near Casa de los Suenos

Is there still construction there?

Winnipeg MB Can
reviews: 3
1. Re: Construction near Casa de los Suenos

Not when we were there Jan 12-19th.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 3
2. Re: Construction near Casa de los Suenos

there is a large hotel being built to the south of Casa de Los Suenos called Unik

www.unikresorts.com

New York City, New...
3. Re: Construction near Casa de los Suenos

I called the resort, and they will take reservations beginning December 1, 2007; the woman who answered anticipates construction to be completed by mid-November.

This rots. It's my second strike-out trying to book a quiet, romantic place to stay on Isla!!! Construction is EVERYWHERE.

Florida
4. Re: Construction near Casa de los Suenos

Construction is not everywhere on Isla Mujeres, but there are several pockets of it, and as it happens, all the luxury hotels on the island are cvrrently affected. The project near Casa de los Suenos is one of them. You might consider a luxury private rental instead. There are several nice private homes available that are romantic and private. No waiters, but you can just buy your own food and drink... or take a taxi out to dinner.

Savannah, Georgia
reviews: 16
5. Re: Construction near Casa de los Suenos

ccdc:

i posted on this forum a few weeks ago - look at page 2 to find my post about noise/construction at casa de los suenos. i would not recommend them under any circumstance based on what i experienced mid-march, and the two projects next door look nowhere near finished. it was terrible.

i've got a review, with pictures of the construction, that will be up here in the next day or so. i also noticed that another reviewer here had a similar experience; look under the hotel review section. honestly, they shouldn't even be taking bookings right now it is such a mess.

Huntington Beach...
reviews: 39
6. Re: Construction near Casa de los Suenos

We didn't mind the construction at all. Casa is so cool and the service and staff were amazing, it was worth it to us to stay there for a week.

The only place we could see the construction is from the pool. You can alway go down to the dock on the beach. Our room had a beautiful unobstructed view of the ocean.

7. Re: Construction near Casa de los Suenos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:26 am, August 29, 2009