We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry on Isla

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Libertyville, IL
reviews: 73
Laundry on Isla

Our condo has a laundry facility, but I was told that it's often easier and cheaper to drop our clothes off at one of the laundries in town.

We are staying at Ixchel.

Any recommendations?

We want to pack very light - so a mid-week wash may be necessary....

kansas city
1. Re: Laundry on Isla

theres a laundry in the alley behind roosters. and the clothes smell like the island. after you get home you still smell Isla on the clothes

Libertyville, IL
reviews: 73
2. Re: Laundry on Isla

Is that a good smell or a bad smell?

:)

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 78
3. Re: Laundry on Isla

Good smell!

I second the recommendation of the one behind Roosters, beside the Roots Chinese Medecine clinic. I used to be a Tim Pho client but when I packed for this last trip and took out the clothes that I last had washed at Tim Pho, I realized many of them had stains, so I switched... :(

I had noticed Tim Pho was lacking that sweet mexican laundry smell last time too, they must have switched their soap.

Another advantage for me of this new one is that their minimum load is 4 kilos, 40 pesos. Tim Pho was 60 (and is up to 70 now I think). I usually have just a small bag to be washed.

Edited: 11:21 am, March 19, 2014
kansas city
4. Re: Laundry on Isla

It's a good smell. Will remind you of Isla and make you want to go back...

Boston
reviews: 14
5. Re: Laundry on Isla

I forget where we got our laundry done last trip. Somewhere on the road past the Ixchel and the cemetery I think? Anyway, a lot of them were stained when we got them back. :(

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 78
6. Re: Laundry on Isla

Andrea: Mis dos Angelitos maybe? It's the closest to Ixchel, beside that place with the papier maché masks.

Edited: 11:45 am, March 19, 2014
Edon, Ohio
reviews: 13
7. Re: Laundry on Isla

Any laundry close to Bahia Tortuga? That's where we are now. Thanks.

Boston
reviews: 14
8. Re: Laundry on Isla

I think that might have been the place. I will remember when I see it. Either way, I am very leary about getting my laundry done on the island now. I told my husband I'll have to pack enough for 2 weeks. We will need to bring an extra suitcase to bring home our treasures.

Ontario
reviews: 126
9. Re: Laundry on Isla

You might want to check the price at Ixchel..it might not be that expensive. I had my wash done at Nautibeach and my wash cost me 30 pesos and was cheaper than a previous trip where I took pretty much the same amount of clothing and paid 60 pesos. At Nautibeach I just dropped it off at the office later in the day and picked it up the next morning.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 35
10. Re: Laundry on Isla

We still use Tim Pho - never any problems or stains. :)