We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Bus route

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brownsburg, Indiana
reviews: 10
Local Bus route

Have stayed on Isla several times but this time we are staying in Colonia Meteorlogica. We plan to stay pretty close to the area most of the time and will taxi now and then. We'd like to go to the Modelorama and Chedraui - probably our first day to stock up. Can we take the bus to either location? We would taxi back. What is the main route of the bus? 10 days!!!!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
1. Re: Local Bus route

I don't think there is a bus service on Isla .... I found this though, in the Top Questions box - tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150810-c154102/Isla-…

Edited: 12:26 pm, November 27, 2013
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 86
2. Re: Local Bus route

There is bus service but not the full length of the island. It turns at Mundaca and heads back to centro. You should be able to get to Chedraui bus but I've never taken it so don't know the exact route. Personally, if I were stocking up I'd take a golf cart or taxi. The bus is not exactly the most predictable thing so I wouldn't want to be hanging around with a lot of groceries/beer, etc. waiting.

Overland Park...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Local Bus route

My MapChick maps arrived! The bus route is vividly marked. The bus travels along Jesus Martinez Ross

in the Meteorologica area on the eastern bus route. (The bus route is N & S with the Chedraui several blocks west of Jesus Martinez Ross.)

The N & S route on the west side travels Rueda Medina/Circuito Colonias/Punta Arenas shows a Chedraui bus stop. What I have not determined is if the bus makes a clockwise or counter-clockwise sweep. Perhaps both? You may consider the bus to the Chedraui and taxi back with your purchases. I don't know where the Modelorama is located. Keep in mind I've not yet been to Isla Mujeres! Just pouring over the maps with

anticipation!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 86
4. Re: Local Bus route

"Keep in mind I've not yet been to Isla Mujeres! Just pouring over the maps with anticipation!"

And doing a very good job of it :)

Boston...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Local Bus route

You gotta love that mapchick map!

Olathe, Kansas
reviews: 56
6. Re: Local Bus route

Carol - when are you going to be in Isla?

Rochester, New York
reviews: 15
7. Re: Local Bus route

You said you'll be staying in Colonia Meteorologica. If you're anywhere near the Mango Cafe, Chedraui is only four or five blocks to the West. No need to take the bus. You have to navigate your way around the sports fields, but it's only a five minute walk. Regarding the bus, you might wish to use it to get to and from el Centro. It runs a counter-clockwise loop around the island about every 30 to 45 minutes. I used it quite a bit when staying in Colonia Canotal (adjacent to la Gloria).

Wyoming
reviews: 11
8. Re: Local Bus route

We stay in Meteorologica. Easy walk to Chedraui. Taxi back if you get a lot of stuff. The bus comes past our place from south to north. Easy to take it to El Centro. On the way back you would have to take the bus down through La Gloria and back or get off at Chedraui. Depending on who is driving they sometimes go over past the ball fields and we get off on the corner across from the police station. Short walk from there. If you have an appointment do not rely on the bus. Otherwise it is a great mode if transportation. Where are you staying, we will be neighbors...

Wyoming
reviews: 11
9. Re: Local Bus route

We stay in Meteorologica. Easy walk to Chedraui. Taxi back if you get a lot of stuff. The bus comes past our place from south to north. Easy to take it to El Centro. On the way back you would have to take the bus down through La Gloria and back or get off at Chedraui. Depending on who is driving they sometimes go over past the ball fields and we get off on the corner across from the police station. Short walk from there. If you have an appointment do not rely on the bus. Otherwise it is a great mode if transportation. Where are you staying, we will be neighbors...

Overland Park...
reviews: 30
10. Re: Local Bus route

Thank you, TravelerNY. I am looking forward to our first Isla visit! Bill, thank you too...it is helpful to know which direction the bus will be going.

kclady (neighbor), we leave on December 29th. I've spent quite a bit of time in Olathe this last year as our granddaughters play in your fine Olathe softball league. The Frontier direct flight is terrific! (In KC there are

few direct flights anywhere.) When will you be returning?