We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photos of zamas and captain dulches

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
FLORIDA1
reviews: 3
photos of zamas and captain dulches

Just wondering if anyone has a link to some photos of zamas and/or Captain Dulches. I have to see the famous bathrooms! Thanks.

New Carlisle, Ohio
reviews: 7
1. Re: photos of zamas and captain dulches

…shutterfly.com/pictures/699

Captain Dulche. We loved it there a couple of weeks ago, except not a good swimming beach (I snorkeled there mainly so I wouldn't step on rocks, etc.) Delicious guacamole, cold beer, beautiful place to enjoy the sun. Love the palapas.

FLORIDA1
2. Re: photos of zamas and captain dulches

Awesome photos. I see Villa La Joya is within walking distance of Garrafon. Do you know if the reef extends that far? Is it possible to snorkel right in front of Villa La Joya?

Anyone have a link to photos of Zamas and their famous bathroom?

New Carlisle, Ohio
reviews: 7
3. Re: photos of zamas and captain dulches

We stayed at La Joya and walked down to their beach area a few times, which is pretty but unswimmable (in our opinion.) A couple staying there said they had fun snorkeling down there but they checked out before we could ask them about it. We did ask a worker there, who said snorkeling might be okay by the docks. Those looked like a long walk over rough ocean shores/bottoms, so we passed. I guess a lot of that would their definition of "snorkeling." (We have high expectations having done some wonderful snorkeling throughout the Yucatan. We expect beauty and lots of fish and reef.) But we've seen people giddy with delight snorkeling in 18" of water on Playa Norte. Everything is relative...

Every day we would look out from our terrace (#6) and watch tour boats quite a ways out over MUSA. I would assume you would need a boat to get out that far, and we've snorkeled MUSA before (with a tour) and it's not a good snorkeling site (deep murky water - you snorkel OVER the statues. MUCHO better to scuba MUSA!

I suppose you could walk to Garrafon, but you'd have to be in much better shape than us (who are in good shape for the 50+ crowd) especially in July humidity. We recommend a golf cart, scooter or cab.

FLORIDA1
4. Re: photos of zamas and captain dulches

I remember seeing a southern stingray snorkeling at Garrafon and flying gurnards snorkeling at El Farito. Other than that, the best diving by far was Punta Sur with green turtles. Thanks for the info re: Villa La Joya.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 71
5. Re: photos of zamas and captain dulches

I agree with Florida1 about the best diving. Isla is not known for great diving and snorkeling but our fave dive sites are the Punta Sur drift dive and as site on the Caribbean side known as Media Luna (not to be confused with the beach of the same name).

The issue on Isla is that you are too far north along the Meso-American Reef to see fully developed coral like you find on Cozumel or along the Riviera Maya.

6. Re: photos of zamas and captain dulches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 16, 2014