We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Isla Addiction

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ft worth
reviews: 27
My Isla Addiction

Ok.. I admit I still owe a trip report.. We were on Isla From June 25 Until July 2..Posted already about some minor issues with room A/C etc..so will not repeat any of that.

We arrived on Isla Tuesday the 25th at around 2pm..got our golf cart..off we went.. thanks to my trip advisor obsession and Google Street maps Obsession..we found our "home" for the week easily..We Stayed at Punta Piedra 1..loved it..great location, great price..no complaints..

Meet some really nice people who were staying next to us and just kind of relaxed, chilled.. then we got hungry so we went to Kash-kekun and chickened and ribed up.. Way to much food!! Get the 1/2 kilo..was tasty and was nice to sit on the patio and make some tacos and just enjoy the evening and view..

Next Morning I was on a mission for Mango Cafe...AWESOME.. it should be illegal..ate there 3 times and I completely blame them for my swim suit not fitting the same for the rest of the trip...they should really make you sign a waiver..

After breakfast we went to Chedraui to stock up.. The people we met the night before kept calling it Cheddars because they could not pronounce Chedraui..hence forth it shall be called cheddars...we like to keep it simple..haha.. We bought way to much..the housekeeper when we left probably feed her family for a week from all of the food we never opened or touched...

We did the sunset Cruise Friday for our anniversary...top notch..can not brag on that enough..if you get the chance to do it..Do It! Ate at Brisas before cruise and I had the blackened Tuna... hubby had the Lobster pizza..Wow..really really good!

We had so many other plans to do so much..we did go to turtle farm..and for those of you who saw my live reports you will remember where we stayed we literally had turtles nesting 15 feet off of our patio...wow..That alone would have just made our trip memorable..

Most of all I will never forget the first time we took the cart and made the turn around the southern point of the island and BAME...the bluest most beautiful water you have ever seen!! Looking over Garrafon....I dream of that water...

We did so many other things and met so many interesting characters..(soggy Peso).. i will not bore you with all the details...feel free to ask me anything..

How Much did I love Isla?? I just booked another trip for the end of September for another 8 days. Taking our daughter with us...She moved to NY two years ago.. I lured her to come see her mommy with a Beach vacation..hey a Moms got to do what a Moms got to do right? And truth be told it was a shameless excuse for me to return to Isla.. i mean Hubby has to understand right??

Boston...
reviews: 22
1. Re: My Isla Addiction

Sounds like you had a great time and seeing you are already booked again it's obvious Isla has gotten under your skin. I love Mango for breakfast and until this last trip down was my absolute favorite place for breakfast. However after visiting lola Valentina's Mango has slipped to number two on my list. I think the warning sign should be at the Cancun side of the Ultramar ferry warning potential rider of the extremely addictive nature of Isla Mujeres. I don't know of anyone that has been to Isla and are not ready to book a return trip even before they board the ferry back to Cancun. I look at the excuse to get back to Isla as not so much an excuse and more a loving mother looking to share a wonderful experience with her daughter.:-) (I believe that last sentence is known as rationalizing) what ever it takes to get back works for me!!! thaks for the report.

Lafayette, Indiana
reviews: 25
2. Re: My Isla Addiction

Woo-hoo!! Another trip to Isla! Why not??

ft worth
3. Re: My Isla Addiction

So true rick!! the whole time I was on isla I kept saying man I wish Mindy was here.. some of that thought process was from reading your posts about your trip with your son.. I am in love with the people and the vibe of Isla.. What a beautiful place to share and reconnect with my girl! she is beyond excited..its been about 6 months since I last got to spend time with her...can not wait to share Isla with my min min!

ft worth
4. Re: My Isla Addiction

Exactly Jam..I was plotting my return 2 days into the trip..I have found my home...What a beautiful place..

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 7
5. Re: My Isla Addiction

kaki, I have a resolution to your problem of returning in September. Buy a swimsuit two sizes larger.

ft worth
6. Re: My Isla Addiction

Hahaaa..KymcoBob..already have! Or a tent...so many good meals...

Boston...
reviews: 22
7. Re: My Isla Addiction

I hope your trip down with your daughter turns out as memorable as the one I had with my son. It's something he and I will always have and in some ways it has brought us even closer and even changed our relationship. Not only of the bonds of father/son stronger, but because of the time we shared on Isla something has changed a little and there is this new sort of sense of friendship between us that is different. It's a good thing!!! :-)

Edited: 7:15 am, July 13, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 88
8. Re: My Isla Addiction

I have been trying to get my son (about to turn 32) down to Isla, but he's a bar/restaurant general manager with crazy hours. On a recent visit home I told him that I think seeing Isla would be a life changing experience for him. Had I discovered Isla at his age, which is about the age I started scuba diving, who knows what would have happened ...

Denton, Texas...
reviews: 6
9. Re: My Isla Addiction

I am forever grateful to the friend that introduced me to Isla! I really love to just sit and daydream about "What if...?", figuring out ways to stay on Isla for at least 6 months at a time. Ohhhh....what I would give. I REALLY enjoy bringing someone for their first trip! Watching them settle in to it all on the 2nd or 3rd day, and seeing their whole demeanor change. The pace slows down, eyes begin to glaze over, and you begin to 'just breathe'. You learn a lot about people while on Isla...and certainly a lot about yourself. Have a great trip with your daughter! :)

ft worth
10. Re: My Isla Addiction

Thanks Nurse! For the first 3 days it will just be us girls! hubby will be joining us later..his work is not as flexible as mine.. i can not wait to spend this time with my kiddo..I agree that I can not wait to see the look on her face when she see's that blue water for the first time...:) yippeee lucky lucky me..