We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wireless/remote access @ Posada Del Mar

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Wireless/remote access @ Posada Del Mar

Hi. Heading back to Posada soon but this time I will have my Kindle with me. Would someone confirm that the Posada as wireless/remote computer access and if so, is it difficult to log in? Thanks!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 65
1. Re: Wireless/remote access @ Posada Del Mar

I used my laptop at the bar and by the pool (restaurant also has it). No signal in the rooms in the new section (second building) but it's possible that in the past two years they've updated their system and rooms in the new building could get a signal. Easy to log in (pw needed then) but signal was not very strong.

New Carlisle, Ohio
reviews: 7
2. Re: Wireless/remote access @ Posada Del Mar

We only had coverage in the lobby area (not a biggie for us.)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
3. Re: Wireless/remote access @ Posada Del Mar

Fotodude, did you try it at the bar or around the pool?

Brainerd, MN
reviews: 32
4. Re: Wireless/remote access @ Posada Del Mar

We had limited access by the bar. The router is in the restaurant. There is also a router in the lobby.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 77
5. Re: Wireless/remote access @ Posada Del Mar

Only the side of the bar near the restaurant gets a signal, and barely. No signal by the pool, only in lobby. It always baffles me when hotels don't make an effort to increase their coverage in 2013. It such a small investment for the return (more guests!) you get. So many people working remotely make hotel choices according to coverage. It's the only reason I never went back to PDM. If they had coverage in the rooms (or at least the balconies), I'd be back for sure!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
6. Re: Wireless/remote access @ Posada Del Mar

I got coverage by the pool so maybe it depends on your device.

7. Re: Wireless/remote access @ Posada Del Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 26, 2014