We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posada del Mar

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cottage Grove...
reviews: 1
Posada del Mar

First timer! Have the Mapchick maps.

Does the hotel supply beach towels? Any other hotel info I might find useful?

6 replies to this topic
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 65
1. Re: Posada del Mar

Yes, they give you pool towels which you can then take to the beach. If they still do it like two years ago you get them at reception. Not sure what other info you're looking for, but it's a great place for the price. If you want a mini fridge, in-room safe, flat screen TV, and most up-to-date furnishings reserve in new building 1 or 2, with 2 being the newest. Hotel is perfectly located across the street from the beach and minutes to all the restaurants on Hidalgo. Best advice: spend happy hours at Romy's palapa bar. Anything else in particular you're interested in just ask :)

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 71
2. Re: Posada del Mar

While we have stayed at hotels that supply towels (i.e., Ixchel Beach) we use them on the hotel grounds only and still bring a couple of old towels to take to other beaches, dive boats, etc. The fees for a lost towel can be exorbitant.

Boston...
reviews: 18
3. Re: Posada del Mar

TNY,

"Best advice: spend happy hours at Romy's palapa bar"

Haha, spoken like a true Isla expert. This is a suggestion that should absolutely be adhered to!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 25
4. Re: Posada del Mar

and ask him to make you a 'Mayan Sacrifice'!

Cottage Grove...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Posada del Mar

Have a room reserved in new section, what about hair dryers?

Usually do La Ropa in Zihua, looking forward to Isla!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 65
6. Re: Posada del Mar

Is it the new section or the new building? It's confusing, I know, but there's a difference. Make sure it's the new building if you want the mini fridge, safe, etc. No hairdryers but you can ask for one at the front desk from what I hear. I don't bother; my hair is hopeless in humidity.

Reply to: Posada del Mar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted