We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interested in local art? Hungry for typical local food?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isla Mujeres
reviews: 81
Interested in local art? Hungry for typical local food?

Today, the Isla Mujeres Artist Fair is being held in the square. If you are on the Island, please attend & support 51 local & visiting artists! The event is from 4pm to 7pm in the Zocolo (the town square in front of the Municipal & the Super Express). There will be a beverage tent provided by Faynes, food vendors, authors, painters, sculpters, jewlery designers, recycleable artists & more. Have fun at this cultural event for the whole family!

At the registration table, you can drop off new or gently used shoes for Zappatos Para Los Ninos/Shoes for the Children. At the last Artist Fair, 15 pairs of shoes were donated. Many thanks to those you contributed. Those donations make a big difference in our community.

There will also be several artists selling their creations to benefit our local non-profits, the Little Yellow School House & Isla Animals. These organizations survive & provide essential services to our community thanks to generous people.

If you are interested in participating in a future Artist Fair, feel free to private message me for more details.

Hope to see you on Thursday!

Kansas City...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Interested in local art? Hungry for typical local food?

What a wonderful event, and we are so looking forward to coming in June. Will there be an Art Fair on June 6th?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 89
2. Re: Interested in local art? Hungry for typical local food?

Thanks, Tiff! I was also going to ask whether you anticipate this event running year round, even in slow season.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
3. Re: Interested in local art? Hungry for typical local food?

Gee - wish I was going to be on island - sounds wonderful! Hope it is a great success! :)

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
reviews: 1
4. Re: Interested in local art? Hungry for typical local food?

The plan is to have the art fairs the first Thursday, monthly, in all seasons. Tiffany of Barlito's started this event in front of their popular restaurant on Hidalgo, at Abasolo, and then coordinated with the Tourism department to schedule it monthly, on the first Thursday, on the town square. She is working to involve more Islenos in the event. She is also very involved with the Poker Run pub crawls benefiting Isla Animals...the third one was held on April 1st and was very successful. In her spare time, she helps out at Isla Animals. All this in addition to running the restaurant with her husband Brad...and raising two kids. I dunno how she does it all, but I think she is an amazing and very generous woman! These are both very fun events that benefit charitable organizations in Isla, businesses, tourism, and the residential community. Win, win, win, win!

5. Re: Interested in local art? Hungry for typical local food?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 06, 2014