We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights dinner help

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
idaho
reviews: 20
3 nights dinner help

we will be staying at Casa Zama in September and one nights will be spent at the house for dinner and the other 3 will be out.

i've only been to Isla for a day trip and never overnight. My wife and i are both younger 28, have done some extensive traveling and are non-drinkers (drinking doesn't bother us...we just don't drink), we are both slight food snobs and love a good atmosphere/outdoor seating.

so with all that being said, if money wasn't an issue and it was simply on qulity of food and atmosphere...what resturants would you send us to?

THANK you so much for your help.

i know trip advisor lists all the resturants but its hard to tell from some pics what a resturant will be

Stillwater...
reviews: 42
1. Re: 3 nights dinner help

This is a tough one for me. Most of our favorites, from a food perspective, don't necessarily have much to offer in the atmosphere department. We had wonderful meals at:

- Bastos in La Gloria - nothing fancy, no atmosphere and the noice from the gentlemen's club across the street.

- Italian at Mama Rosa's on Hildalgo. Good food, not much atmosphere and the crowd on Hidalgo.

- Hungarian Chicken at Qubano. Always good food, but no atmosphere to speak of.

Two of our favorites with atmosphere:

- Olivia in the garden

- Limon in La Gloria. The food was very good, but a little expensive according to "old Isla" standards. Romantic setting in the garden.

Have a great time.

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 11
2. Re: 3 nights dinner help

Olivia

The restaurant at Villa Rolandi is good (but I'd rather be in town if it is only three nights).

If you don't eat there during the day, Bally Hoo is a must IMHO -vary casual, waterfront place with awesome fish tacos and good sunset views

Sioux Falls, SD
reviews: 22
3. Re: 3 nights dinner help

My choices would be Lolo Lorena, Monchi's and Olivia. Have a wonderful time!

michigan
reviews: 14
4. Re: 3 nights dinner help

Olivia in the garden for dinner and Bally Hoo for lunch.

Boise, ID
reviews: 17
5. Re: 3 nights dinner help

Hello fellow Idahoan!

In my opinion some of the best food on Isla doesn't have the ambiance to match. But if that is extra important I would say Bally-hoo at Sunset; Lolo Lorena's for the dining experience (reservation necessary); and Olivia (make sure you call for a garden table reservation).

Enjoy!

idaho
reviews: 20
6. Re: 3 nights dinner help

Thanks everyone...so if its not possible to get great food with great ambiance (like beach road in Tulum)...then where would you say we HAVE to eat for Dinner?

Washington DC
reviews: 10
7. Re: 3 nights dinner help

I think that you will enjoy Olivias. Then try the great food at less scenic restaurants, but the atmosphere of the more simple places may grow on you.

Boise, ID
reviews: 17
8. Re: 3 nights dinner help

I don't think that it is IMPOSSIBLE to have both, I just think there are some great restaurants that may be overlooked because they wouldn't fit the ambiance requirement. But I stand by Olivia, I think you guys would dig that. Lolo Lorena's is said to be an experience in itself unlike any other offers. I love Bally-hoo, it is very casual but it is on a pier down from Playa Sol, has great fish tacos and mango margaritas and if you can catch the sunset, it should blow you away. It is where I head the first night every trip. Limon looks very modern and hip and gets great reviews but I have never been. I also think Los Fuegelitos would be a contender because of it's location, I went there when it was La Luna and the views of the Caribbean are amazing. Also I hear great things about Victor's Casa Havana (near Los Fuegelitos) and has tables out on the Malecon. Cafe del Mar also has a great vibe for dinner at night, eating out on the beach with a very modern setting and great food.

Just a few ideas, good luck!

Edited: 11:15 pm, April 02, 2013
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 79
9. Re: 3 nights dinner help

I disagree that you can’t have both atmosphere and great food.

Café del Mar on the beach at Privilege Aluxes has both. Food was excellent, you are dining on the beach listening to cool music and overlooking Cancun in the distance all lit up and twinkling. I know there are people who look down on PA but the food at Café del Mar at dinner is terrific. Skip lunch there; totally different menu and it’s typical beach food.

Casa Rolandi in Sac Bajo is a class act. Fabulous wood oven baked fish, incredibly fresh fish carpaccio, and just about anything else you may order is excellent. I’d skip the pastas. Reserve on their deck overlooking the water and Cancun.

Brisas Grill on Medina has excellent seafood, and you can sit outside in the sand by water. Tikin Xic for two is to die for and the wines are good too.

Olivia as mentioned above is outstanding and it’s set in a lovely candle lit garden.

Bistro Francais may not have the same ambiance as above, but it has a slight bohemian, bistro atmosphere. Food is wonderful, Caesar salad, fish filet in lime caper sauce, lobster and shrimp combo plate, and surf and turf.

Massachusetts
reviews: 21
10. Re: 3 nights dinner help

My first three choices for a nice meal would be Olivia, Limon, and LoLo Valentino,all different in their experiences but nice atmospheres and great food.