We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
reviews: 6
Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

I'm about to commit to renting my cart with Jimbo and the people at Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental later today by paying them on pay pal. Anyone have any input before I rent from them? I will be renting the cart for 6 days between April 27-May 3.

I look forward to getting some feed back.

ylomello@aol.com

41 replies to this topic
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 5
31. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

We too will be there same time (4/28-5/5)..... Glad I checked the threads and found this as we too are in need of a golf cart for the week. I'll check in to Jimbo's, he is the Jimbo from Casa Roca Caribe correct?

Also, Wife and I like Bar Crawls....LOL ! Let us know where you'll be.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 89
32. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

Yes, he is the Jimbo of Casa Roca Caribe.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
reviews: 6
33. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

Triptaker:

See you on Isla. Look for a group of 9 crazies from Fort Wayne. We're staying at Villa Vera.

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 5
34. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

Alright ylomello,

We will watch for you ..... If you see a Long Haired Freak wearing the Detroit Tigers (English D) it's probably me ...... just the 2 of us and it's our 25th wedding anniversary ..... Staying at Casa Azul, first time away from Playa Norte but are looking forward to the neighborhood experience .... Only 384 more hours ... but who's counting ! Lol

Thanks DMartin for Confirming re: Jimbo... much appreciated!

Edited: 3:48 pm, April 12, 2013
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 12
35. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

We rented from Jimbo last week and were more than pleased. We had decided to rent two carts for the week and on Easter Saturday morning were walking along the street when we were approached by one of those fellows with the clip board with the photos and prices on it. We agreed to rent and that's when the fun started. First we stopped at Gomars but they turned us away "all booked" next he lead us to Joaquin where there were a number of carts parked and after a discussion between the "broker" and Joaquin apparently they were all"reserved" so off to the third spot " just one minute" away. We walked to a garage next to the Argentinian Steak House where they did indeed have carts but now $100 pesos per day more than he showed us on his clip board. Another woman was having quite a discussion with her " broker" as to how dishonest the whole bait and switch was and we decided to wash our hands of the whole deal much to the chagrin of our fellow who had now spent the last 20 mins walking us from shop to shop. We walked away and he followed us explaining we wouldn't get a cart anywhere and if we did not for cheaper. As we walked back to our place on Juarez we passed by Joaquin where there were still a number of carts and so we went in and yes they could rent to us and pulled out the paper work. Just then our broker arrived had some back and forth with the fellow and all of a sudden there were no carts "all were reserved". We then decided to head to the beach for the day and arrange for carts later in the week when the Easter rush was over.

I contacted Jimbo that evening via his web site and arranged for two carts for the Monday - paid via Pay Pal and we picked up the carts at Gomars the next day - in and out in 5 minutes - no hassle at all. I would definitely go this route in the future.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 3
36. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

I would say, never go with a "broker" go on your own, but glad it all worked out with Jimbo!

San Antonio, Texas...
reviews: 4
37. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

Even though I am not on the island, I can say I decided to contact Jimbo as me and my friends felt we wanted to get just about everything pre paid for in advance, simply to divide out charges.

Jimbo has been most accommodating and works tirelessly in order to make things right. He is a rock of confidence and has treated us as his most important client. This is a lost attribute and we appreciate his tenacity and follow up.

When I get back from Isla, I'll let you know how everything completed in a follow up thread.

Thanks Jimbo for your focus to us!

Mike

Winnipeg, Canada
38. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

How much are they approx for a week

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 79
39. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

Golf carts don't have weekly rates. In very slow season you might be able to negotiate a week's rental but otherwise it's pay by 24 hour periods. That can vary from 550 - 650 in high season, or from 42 - 50 dollars a day depending on exchange rates.

Maryland
reviews: 10
40. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental

I see everyone seems to love Jimbo but I just wanted to chime in on a company that we have rented through for the last 5 trips and our reservation has been confirmed for out January trip, Prisma. They have a website and if you contact them and ask for a price, they will respond quickly. They have always been very reasonable as far as rates and after I looked at Jimbos site, I feel secure in knowing that they have always given me a GREAT deal. Just my opinion.

Reply to: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted