We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wild Rose, Wisconsin
reviews: 2
Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

When we were on Isla, we spent a lot of time at Isla Animals. While we were there, we fell in love with a little brindle pup. We decided we would adopt her and take her home. Unfortunately, we were told that she was already adopted. Fortunately, Alison of Isla Animals posted a picture of the pup (Cora) the other day! Turns out she wasn't adopted!

The problem:

We are in Wisconsin, Cora is in Isla..... If anyone is flying home to Wisconsin, Chicago, or even Minnesota, and would be willing to carry Cora along (she would fly as a carry-on, under the seat in a small crate), please contact Alison at Isla Animals, and message me. I would take care of any fees for everything.

If you are willing or able to help please please let me know! Thanks!

Isla Mujeres
reviews: 81
1. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

Cora is a sweetie! We were just volunteering at Isla Animals this evening.

You should post this on the www.islamujeres.info board as well as Isla Animals FB page & IslaMujeres.info FB page. At this time of year, we have lots of visitors from Chicago, Wisconson & Minnesota. I would think one of them could chaperone home your sweet little Cora!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 103
2. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

I know you will find someone willing to do that. I don't live near you or I would on my next trip in April.

Boise, ID
reviews: 17
3. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

Wish I could help, I will be down in April but don't live near you! Good luck!

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 8
4. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

Gosh, you shouldn't have a problem finding someone to help, every other person I have met on Isla the last week is from Minnesota or Wisconsin.... I was wondering if there was anyone left there!! :)

Wonderful thing you are doing, adopting the puppy and I hope you find someone to bring her to you soon

Wild Rose, Wisconsin
5. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

WolrabRoil-I will do that! Thanks!

Thanks everyone...we really want to bring that dog home!

lancashire
reviews: 37
6. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

So hope you get to bring her home please keep all us animal lovers informed.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 79
7. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

That is so nice of you. Hope you get someone to help out (I'm sure you will) and soon the pup will be in you home. What a wonderful thing to do :)

Boston
reviews: 13
8. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

I hope you can find someone to bring Cora home for you! We will be there in a few weeks but unfortunately live nowhere near you or I would do it in a heartbeat! Definitely try posting on the Isla Animals facebook page as well.

canada
reviews: 3
9. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

Good luck!! We spent a lot of time at Isla Animals at the start of February, and brought home our new little dog named Clemente. Keep us posted, and for anyone thinking about bringing the dog over on the plane we found the whole process super easy and everyone was helpful.

Edited: 11:19 am, March 12, 2013
Wild Rose, Wisconsin
10. Re: Animal lovers...need a HUGE favor.....

CanadaHola

We met you walking Clemente, as we were walking dogs at the same time. We also took Clemente for walks. He was so sweet! How is he doing? Glad the process went so smooth!

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes! We are very hopeful that we will be successful!