We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Sad Departure

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 23
Another Sad Departure

Final one hour before having to leave this wonderful piece of paradise. We have had another wonderful stay. I can't express enough how fortunate we are in living a mere hour and a half away and being able to make this trip a couple of times a year. We met numerous people from Europe this time around who traveled ten and twelve hours to get to this beautiful island. How lucky we are. Have to get ready to check out, but will write a full report when we get home. Another fantastic stay, another sad departure , buy happy to know that we will return soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 89
1. Re: Another Sad Departure

Glad you had fun and I can't wait to see the full report. If I lived in Houston I think I'd be sneaking off to Isla every chance I got!

Plattsmouth...
2. Re: Another Sad Departure

I feel for you Shamro, it seems like our January trip was ages ago.

On the other hand, I am greatly anticipating your trip report.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 79
3. Re: Another Sad Departure

Now it's time to start planning that next trip, Shamro! Right after you finish your trip report ;)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
4. Re: Another Sad Departure

What I have heard expressed? . . . "oh, that saddest sound is luggage wheels as you head to the ferry to leave lovely Isla Mujeres" but you WILL be back! :)

Houston
reviews: 66
5. Re: Another Sad Departure

Then again, those of us who live in Houston are currently enjoying 70 degree weather and the hottest job market in the country so we can cope.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 25
6. Re: Another Sad Departure

Yea but Houston is in Texas right??? LOL! JK!

Houston
reviews: 66
7. Re: Another Sad Departure

Yes, the state with the most job growth and best prospects for success. Good place to be.

Denton, Texas...
reviews: 6
8. Re: Another Sad Departure

Well, right now in my part of Texas, it is dreary and drizzling rain...but just enough to p*ss you off.. 44 degrees. Ugh. 31 days and I'm THERE! Don't care if rains while I'm there or not. I'm still there. :) Not even gonna think about the trip to the ferry departing...

Plattsmouth...
9. Re: Another Sad Departure

LOL TNY, "AFTER you write your trip report". I'm thinking the same thing.

10. Re: Another Sad Departure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 10, 2014