We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On/Off the island trip report day 15

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wild Rose, Wisconsin
reviews: 2
On/Off the island trip report day 15

Saying goodbye to Isla…up at 5 a.m….watching the sunrise. If you have been here before, you know exactly what I am thinking….

We were going to take the 9:00 ferry, but were up so early that we ended up on the 8:30. Sat at Puerto Juarez, enjoying our last few minutes of warm weather and sunshine.

Our driver picked us up right on time (We used CARM (Cancun and Riviera Maya) for our transfer. Not one problem. Great service, drivers, etc.)

Headed to the Cancun airport and looked at the line for United, and thanked God that I am a United MileagePlus member and was able to skip that line. There were at least 100 people in that line, it was nearly out the door. Flight left right on time, and before we knew it, we were in freezing- cold –snowstorm- on- the- way Chicago. We were spending the evening at the Mariott, with a flight home in the morning. I get an email around 5pm that says my flight is cancelled for the next day and the booked me for the day after. Wait, what? Oh NO! So I call United and after 2 agents and an hour on hold I get on a flight for that evening-(different city, but closer to home)! Checked out of the Mariott after a few hours, (wonder what they were thinking-ha ha) and headed home.

Already missing Isla, sitting in a snowstorm…………..planning already for our return!!!!

Boston...
reviews: 22
11. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

Karsh, Thanks for the great trip reports, I've enjoyed each one. You really brought the Isla feel to all of us here on TA. I think you should have stayed an additional week though. We have another big storm rolling in this weekend and your reports have been a great way to warm up between trips out to the driveway to shovel the snow.

Wild Rose, Wisconsin
12. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

Rick-no kidding, same here in Wisconsin. I should have stayed away long enough for it to melt! Glad you enjoyed the reports! Thanks! Glad to pay it forward!

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
reviews: 10
13. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

Last time I left Isla I had to spend night in Seattle airport because of delays but I just kept going over my Isla pictures and boring everyone who was in the airport at Starbucks to look at my pictures. I am sure the people had stories to tell of the crazy lady at Starbucks but I aso bet they googled Isla Mujeres out of curiosity.

Nova Scotia
reviews: 11
14. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

thanks so much for your awesome reports....you made them come to life. They were a real treat to read. It's always sad to leave the island...

Now you can begin to plan your next trip!

Cheers!

Wild Rose, Wisconsin
15. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

waisla-great idea, hope i am never delayed again, but if i am....LOL

starfish-you are welcome! The planning to me, is part of the excitement of the trip....I so love reading what is going on while i am away!

New Carlisle, Ohio
reviews: 7
16. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

I've often fantasized about missing my flight home and having to remain on Isla Mujeres forever. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone!

Wild Rose, Wisconsin
17. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

fotodude-Nope you aren't...i think i have done it every time we left!

18. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 25, 2014