We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On/Off the island trip report day 15

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wild Rose, Wisconsin
reviews: 2
On/Off the island trip report day 15

Saying goodbye to Isla…up at 5 a.m….watching the sunrise. If you have been here before, you know exactly what I am thinking….

We were going to take the 9:00 ferry, but were up so early that we ended up on the 8:30. Sat at Puerto Juarez, enjoying our last few minutes of warm weather and sunshine.

Our driver picked us up right on time (We used CARM (Cancun and Riviera Maya) for our transfer. Not one problem. Great service, drivers, etc.)

Headed to the Cancun airport and looked at the line for United, and thanked God that I am a United MileagePlus member and was able to skip that line. There were at least 100 people in that line, it was nearly out the door. Flight left right on time, and before we knew it, we were in freezing- cold –snowstorm- on- the- way Chicago. We were spending the evening at the Mariott, with a flight home in the morning. I get an email around 5pm that says my flight is cancelled for the next day and the booked me for the day after. Wait, what? Oh NO! So I call United and after 2 agents and an hour on hold I get on a flight for that evening-(different city, but closer to home)! Checked out of the Mariott after a few hours, (wonder what they were thinking-ha ha) and headed home.

Already missing Isla, sitting in a snowstorm…………..planning already for our return!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 71
1. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

The readers of your Trip reports are as sad as you are over your return.

Illinois
reviews: 1
2. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

Read your post quickly and started freaking out. You left the docks at 8:30 Sat! What! !@ it's Saturday? I missed our flight-how did that happen? I thought it was Friday? ? Checked date on phone, calm down it is Friday-not that I would mind missing my flight and having to stay here longer. Lol.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 70
3. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

LOL, HavinFun, I could see how your took it that way. Too funny :)

Karsh, thanks for all the great trip reports. Really enjoyed reading them.

Wild Rose, Wisconsin
4. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

Sorry...was a day behind on my reports!! I didn't date them did I? It was Thursday when we left...

But really would it be horrible to miss a flight? I wish we had been stranded in Cancun even!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
5. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

It would have been even more horrible to learn you had been stranded at O'Hare, just 15 minutes away from 2 bona fide Islaholics who would have been happy to take you out for a Margarita in return for a personal, firsthand Trip Report.

Wild Rose, Wisconsin
6. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

I will keep that in mind for next time we're stranded at O'hare! Thanks! Why does a margarita sound so good right now?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
7. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

Because it's National Margarita Day (really, it is).

Just as well. Once again I would probably have been the only non-Packers fan at the table. My wife has that affliction.

Edited: 12:50 pm, February 22, 2013
Wyoming
reviews: 10
8. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

Enjoyed your posts...I never tire of reading about Isla even when I am still here. I like other's perspectives and comments.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 22
9. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

Appreciated all of those reports. Always good to hear how other people spend their time while in paradise.

Edited: 4:57 pm, February 22, 2013
Wild Rose, Wisconsin
10. Re: On/Off the island trip report day 15

DMartin...love your wife already! National Margarita Day! Awesome!

wyobean-me too, glad you enjoyed them. Thanks.

Shamro-Thanks, wish i was still there!