We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Departure time

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marcus, Iowa
Airline Departure time

Just booked hotel, now trying to book airlines. I was wondering if a 0800 am flight is too early,by the time you ferry across and taxi to airport? I am worried that ferrys don't start until 5:30 am? Would that allow enough time to get to airport? Any info would be appreciated!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 3
1. Re: Airline Departure time

If you can get a later flight home you should, otherwise for an 8 am flight you should stay in Cancun closer to the airport.

Marcus, Iowa
2. Re: Airline Departure time

Thank You! Also can you recommend a good transportation company to bring us from the ferry to the airport?

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
reviews: 90
3. Re: Airline Departure time

We have had great service/experiences with USA transfers... online reservations, pay when you get here and online chat when they are open... perfect pickups so far....

Iowa
4. Re: Airline Departure time

JadeH- When are you booking for? WE are headed down from Des Moines in 18 days!!!! We used USA Transfers for this trip but have used Best Day in the past and have been very happy. We went with USA due to having 4 in our party and we could have a private car vs. a shuttle van.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 88
5. Re: Airline Departure time

Like IBT, we've used both Best Day and USA Transfers and we were very happy with each of them.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 27
6. Re: Airline Departure time

Like IBT and Doug Martin, we have used both and ditto, very happy!

Marcus, Iowa
7. Re: Airline Departure time

I booked our trip second week of March. Very excited as obviously our first visit. I am worried that I booked a hotel too far from the action. I booked hotel la hoya on the south end. When booking I didn't feel that traveling the island would be a problem if we rented a golf cart. Do you know anything about the south end and ease of travel? I just hope I made a good choice!

Iowa
8. Re: Airline Departure time

Jade H- everything on Isla is a 'hop, skip, and a jump' away. Some peeps walk, other taxi, bus, and even golf cart or motor scooter. As far as being 'too far from the action' it just depends on what kind of trip you are planning. We have stayed in the heart of things and then farther out along the sea side. I love being able to fall asleep to the sounds of the waves crashing on the rocky shore so our spot at Maravilla works for us. IF I was headed down for a girls trip and planned late nights and a party vibe to our stay, well I might look at something closer to the north end. But rest assure, I honestly do not feel like any choice on Isla is a bad choice. We have had spots that did not end up being a good match, well we just shopped around for an open room at that point- we have usually found that a solution to make all parties happy are pretty easy.

If you have not gotten one then please jump on the "WE LOVE MAPCHIC" Bandwagon and get a map ordered. Half the fun of the "Isla Count Down" is plotting over that map with a margarita in hand.

Here's a link if you don't have one yet.

http://www.cancunmap.com/

Good luck- Relax - and Enjoy!

T

Marcus, Iowa
9. Re: Airline Departure time

Awesome!! Feel so much better about our choice! I hope you have a wonderful trip and thank-u for the info!! Jade

10. Re: Airline Departure time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, January 06, 2014