We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo suggestions

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Olathe, Kansas
reviews: 42
Condo suggestions

We are trying to plan a trip latter part of February. Would like to be in Isla for Carnival. Anyone have a good suggestion for a nice condo for two on the beach? We usually do AI and this is our first time to stay on Isla and we really want to experience the food and all the island has to offer. Any help would be appreciated. I have emailed several owners but no response yet. (Casita Del Mar and Palapa Studio at Sea Side) Thanks

Richmond, Texas
reviews: 25
1. Re: Condo suggestions

Check both Ixchel Beach Hotel and Nautibeach Condos. Both are on North Beach. Both have an owners pool and also individual units listed on VRBO. Good for you for venturing beyond the AI format.

Stillwater...
reviews: 41
2. Re: Condo suggestions

We stay at Color de Verano. I imagine they are full, but you might want to give them a try. We love it there!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 2
3. Re: Condo suggestions

I'd recommend a local travel agent that lives on Isla. That time of year is very high season and most places book up fast.

Vicki with Lost Oasis helped a friend of mine book last minute for New Years just two weeks ago when Isla looked all booked up!

Good luck - Mike

up north
reviews: 10
4. Re: Condo suggestions

Hope you find something. 2 months out for most travel destinations isnt a problem. Because the island is small there are limited rooms available. i booked in August after seeing many of my choices already gone.

Olathe, Kansas
5. Re: Condo suggestions

Just received an email from Joyce at Casitas Del Mar and they have a Casita available and I took it. Really looking forward to being on Isla for a week. The first time we went to Cozumel we ate in town and really enjoyed it. We got away from that and I am looking forward to trying new thing. Thanks to all.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 88
6. Re: Condo suggestions

We stayed at Casitas del Mar in 2011. Very tiny but comfortable, and we LOVED the La Gloria location. Several pics are in this album:

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Olathe, Kansas
7. Re: Condo suggestions

DMartin - thank you for sharing your pics. Really loved seeing them.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 75
8. Re: Condo suggestions

Since this is your first time on Isla just wanted to mention a couple of things. One, the beach across from Casitas del Mar is not swimmable so for that you will have to go to Playa Norte or Playa Sol, which is a cab ride or golf cart ride away. I mentione that because of your original post looking for a condo on the beach.

Two, while there are many local places to eat near your casita, it's not located "downtown" but outside of Centro. So if you want to experience Hidalgo (main pedestrian street) and all the restaurants, bars, cafes, etc. of downtown, again you will need transportation. I would definitely recommend renting a golf cart for the week to give you freedom of moving about whenever the mood strikes. Of course you can take cabs also but I prefer the convenience of having my own trasportation when not staying downtown.

Edited: 3:08 pm, December 10, 2012
Southwest Michigan
reviews: 17
9. Re: Condo suggestions

And....I don't know your dates but Carnival is not in latter Feb, it will be Feb. 8-12 in 2013.

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 28
10. Re: Condo suggestions

Hands down my favorite place on Isla is Ixchel PH 709. If it's not available any ocean front condo at Ixchel gets my second vote.