We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need valued opinions!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kemptville, Canada
reviews: 43
Need valued opinions!

Ok, I am 11 days from arriving on Isla. I am doing research on restaurants and as far as Seafood restaurants along Medina goes I am reading mixed reviews.

So here is my question; do I choose Mininos, Picus, Brisas Grill or Velazquez?

Edited: 2:43 pm, November 21, 2012
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 79
1. Re: Need valued opinions!

LOL, you'll get as many different responses as we have fans of each restaurant. IMO, it often depends on what you order, so while one person may have a fabulous dinner, another may be left disappointed. At Miramar I've had fantastic ceviche, whole fried fish, great fish tacos, seafood soup that was like a stew, garlic fish filet, and some of the best guacamole ever. At Brisas Grill we split the tikin xic special and it was unbelievably good. Even the veggies had a nice charcoal flavor and were perfectly done.

Others rave about different places, and I'm sure those are good too. In all honesty, I've rarely had a bad seafood dinner on Isla. At worst it was just bland and ok instead of really excellent. Can't speak for other dishes at either of those places but what I've mentioned have all been terrific.

Southwest Michigan
reviews: 17
2. Re: Need valued opinions!

Velazquez

Brisas Grill

Mininos

Picus (the last time we ate there it was only so so)

In that order :).

philly
reviews: 3
3. Re: Need valued opinions!

Minino's or Brisas Grill. Picus was so so for us as well.

Kemptville, Canada
4. Re: Need valued opinions!

Thanks all of you. I agree TNY that the opinions will be varied. The thing about the forum is you will get opinions of those who are return visitors and I put a lot of value in those opinions.

Keller, Texas
reviews: 30
5. Re: Need valued opinions!

We liked Brisas over picus

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
6. Re: Need valued opinions!

yes out of all those, I have had the best and most consistent food quality and service at Brisas Grill. :)

Taylors Falls...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Need valued opinions!

We ate at your first three of the list. Velasquez we saved for next time. But we did eat at Brisas three times, so that says something about what we liked. However, Picus and Mininos will get our business again, hopefully real soon. They are all really good, and around $15 per person. Can't beat that!!! I am salivating right now........

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 1
8. Re: Need valued opinions!

Brisas #1 but it's the most expensive but consistently good.

Velasquez next

Found Miramar, Picus. So so...

Mininos can be very good but I've gone sometimes when it's just so so.

Why don't you flip a coin?;)

Isla Mujeres
reviews: 81
9. Re: Need valued opinions!

Most people that live on Isla choose by which family they are closest too. Each have similiar menus, the same views, buy fish from the same coop & the cooks bounce around. Most are the best during the day & will have limited menus as they run out of things toward the end of the day. Brisas Grill's menu is always stocked since they do the biggest dinner business.

Kemptville, Canada
10. Re: Need valued opinions!

Thanks WolrabRoil,

This is the type of info I was looking for here. I am there for only a week and price will not be my decision maker. To travel all the way from Ottawa and then worry about which is cheaper as opposed to which has the best selection and/or quality doesn't make sense to me. I want to know that my family will enjoy the meal, that is my first goal.