We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got here from CO

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs, CO
reviews: 22
Just got here from CO

long day. USA transfers was great, Prisma met us at dock. 270 for 8 days with the cart. Kind if slow but who cares.

Did not eat all day. Finally found a place to park downtown after driving to sac bajo for our villa. Ate so much food at Picus. Shrimp ceviche guacamole pescado frito al mojo camerones al mojo .

Internet is terrible at the villa. I am typing by candlelight on the deck by the beach for a signal. I hate it here, just kidding. Just here waves and can see Cancun lights. This villa quinta ixchel is nice. No more tequila well maybe one more shot. Stomach may explode from food and beverage. No rain 1st day in 3 said driver.

Disappointed a tad with Ched, Wine selection was so so as was the tequila. Beer prices great. All good in the end. 85 pesos for Jimador!

Going to hit the ocean, then pool, then sleep.

Buenas noches.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 2
1. Re: Just got here from CO

This type post is conflicting.

One point: You are there. You seem to be in a good mood and you should rightly have a wonderful stay.

Second point: I made my first fireplace fire today. We may get snow tonight or tomorrow. It is cold.

We will just go with the good element for you.

Bartlett, Illinois
reviews: 6
2. Re: Just got here from CO

Have a great vacation!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
3. Re: Just got here from CO

Beer prices great. All good in the end. 85 pesos for Jimador!

the key is Jimador

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 29
4. Re: Just got here from CO

ENJOY your visit!

Cornwall, Canada
reviews: 2
5. Re: Just got here from CO

Is the villa just "nice"? I have been considering staying there next year but am anxious to hear from someone who has stayed there.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 92
6. Re: Just got here from CO

When we were recommending Chedraui for wine it was with the knowledge that a "so so" selection is actually good for Isla. It depends on what you are looking for specifically. In a relatively isolated location like Isla I'd be concerned not only with the selection but how the wine has been kept, and I suspect Chedraui has the means to ensure the wine has been stored properly.

Vail, Colorado
reviews: 119
7. Re: Just got here from CO

Yep- I've got a fire going at my place right now here in Golden. Wish I could be on Isla. You picked a good time to get away from this drizzly weather!

Darien,Connecticut
reviews: 36
8. Re: Just got here from CO

If you want a REALLY good glass of wine take a walk down the road to the Villa Rolandi. The Cozy Bar opens arounds 5PM .

Ontario
reviews: 126
9. Re: Just got here from CO

'ate so much food at Picus'...hmmmmmm..just made a bit grumpy looking down at my own sad dinner..I love that place...lol. :-P

Have fun! :-)

Colorado Springs, CO
reviews: 22
10. Re: Just got here from CO

The Villa is great. Just for 2 really. Waste of time buying limes. They have the big ones and the keys growing right here. Much better than the market. Paulie the security guy showed up. He only speaks Espanol which is fine with me.

Later he is going to get us some cocos when his wife leaves and I bought some rum.

Went to Joint Reggae and had the guac and cervesas - guy is from Vancouver as his aunt owned it.

Drove around. I am oxxo asso as I missed it. Paulie said it's the cheapest for tequila and rum. Bought over price rum at some other market in the middle of no where.

Hit Playa Lancheros for Tik n chic and got one order. Waiter looked at us funny. It was plenty for lunch. Hanging out at the deck now. Probably Bastos for dinner. Our car is slow but cheap. Paulie said his are 55 a day but nice.

No way to upload my photos on this tablet but will send when back.

No rain today but it's hot for us people with no humidity.

I really do like this villa ihatewinter. Bed is not like a rock like Nauti condos. Satellite TV with all channels and music. Have not found this IPOD hook up but does not matter.

Time for one more Jimador and a key lime. I always make plans on trips. NONE this time. So nice...

Mosquitos love me here. Even with spray on me. No hydrocortisone at the farmacia. Finishing cigar then shot.

Edited: 6:02 pm, October 06, 2012