We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report Ixchel beach hotel ph701 day 3/4

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 2
Trip report Ixchel beach hotel ph701 day 3/4

Well I just want to say how thrilled we have been with the service and help we have gotten since arriving here. We had complained about the hot tub not being hot and we had specifically asked for it to be hot as we spend a lot of time in the condo and I have a bad back so it helps to relieve it. This afternoon we checked the tub and it was hot. Not luke warm but as hot as i like my baths and that pretty hot!!! We are really appreciative of the actions taken so we are able to thoroughly enjoy our stay. So my back did go out on me and I usually need adjustments from a chiropractor. Last night though the hotel staff recommended a massage therapist named sylvia that also does cupping. She was extremely knowledgable and really sweet and it did help a lot but today we went to cancun to see a chiropractor. It was a 5 dollar taxi fare from the ferry and the adjustment was 400 pesos which is comparable to home. The chiropractor was American so i was cery relieved to have someone speak english as my spanish is not the greatest. I feel a lot better and this could be the difference of an awesome holiday or a total nightmare. The chiropractor's father is a retired chiropractor that lives on a boat on isla and will do adjustments when it is an emergency. The clinic in cancun is called Cassan and the dr's name is Andrea Cassan. Tel 887 00 28 for anyone interested. So back to our holiday yesterday we spent the whole day on the beach and had lunch at kalak the restaurant outside our hotel. I had a veggie burger. Food was ok. The beach atmosphere is so nice. It's calm and quiet even though busy. I love that people come around with their wares selling all the usual Mexican jewelry and embroidered bags as well as nuts and popsicles! Last night because of my sore back we stayed in and watched movies in bed and ordered delivery from rolandi's. We both had pasta and salad which was quite tasty and the salad was fresh. We also had chocolate cake which was excellent!!! I do hope my back gets better cause I really to want to get out and explore the rest of the island. We have a map chick map and want to do the golf cart tour. Thursday afternoon we are going to barlitos for an art show!!!! I'm very excited to see the local artists wares!!! There are some things I am unable to do with a bad back but shopping isn't one of them!!!!!!! The weather has been pleasant so far. It's not as hot as its been in past years coming to Mexico but it's hot enough to swim and cool enough to walk around in. That's it for now. Nap time

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 86
1. Re: Trip report Ixchel beach hotel ph701 day 3/4

So glad you found one and thanks for the contact info. I had a bad knee last May, thanks to a torn meniscus and fracture so I can empapthize with how limiting it is when you're not 100 percent. Hope you can do the golf cart tour; that's so much fun.

If you see an elderly lady selling pumpkin seeds on the beach, that's Maria. Be sure to get some from here; they're totally addictive. Enjoy the art show!

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 21
2. Re: Trip report Ixchel beach hotel ph701 day 3/4

Awesome! The jacuzzi is hot! Great news.

Glad you found a chiropractor as well.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 92
3. Re: Trip report Ixchel beach hotel ph701 day 3/4

Glad it's all working out and thanks for sharing the chiropractor's contact info. Now go soak in that hot tub!

4. Re: Trip report Ixchel beach hotel ph701 day 3/4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, January 31, 2013