We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Room / Location at Posada del Mar?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chardon
Best Room / Location at Posada del Mar?

Any suggestions for the best room or location at Posada del Mar?

Main Section, Newer Section etc???

also, what rooms/loccation do i want to say away from at Posada?

thanks, travelfoodies

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 86
1. Re: Best Room / Location at Posada del Mar?

I have only stayed at the old section and the new section so cannot comment on the new building. For that, check out Shug's trip report and separate hotel review. I really cannot think of any particular areas to avoid; they all seem fine. Here is some info on the two sections we did stay at.

Old building. Major pros: large room, large closet with lots of shelf space, dresser/drawers for your things, good size balcony, ocean view. Con: bathroom while clean is a bit dated. Large counter space though. Aircon a bit noisy and clunky.

New section. Major pros: huge bathroom with large counter space. Updateds and modern, nice size balcony. Con: poor water pressure in shower, view not as nice as old building, and tiny closet with not much shelf space. There is however drawer space for things.

New building. I'm going by Shug's review since never stayed here. For me, the major pros would be the in room safe, the split system AC, and a fridge. The cons are that apparently the balcony is tiny, and there is absolutely no shelf/drawer space. Supposedly dressers are on order but have not yet arrived.

Edited: 3:48 pm, February 03, 2010
Chardon
2. Re: Best Room / Location at Posada del Mar?

Good review. I think the New Section will work for us. Guess well have to work with the poor water pressure, but I do like all of the other features. I've read a number of good reviews overall about this hotel so I'm sure it will be fine. Thank you -- travelfoodies

3. Re: Best Room / Location at Posada del Mar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 04, 2010