We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
reviews: 7
Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

Just curious what they are like. My wife and I are considering staying there for our honeymoon. I'm mainly concerned about the rooftop jacuzzis? Do they work well, are they private? Which rooms are closest to the oceanfront? Thanks in advance!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 79
1. Re: Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

This thread may be helpful until someone who has stayed there comes along. Scroll down to Island_girl's post and the ones after it.

tripadvisor.com/…13490871

Canada
reviews: 24
2. Re: Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

There are 2 towers Ixchel 1 and 2. The older tower, Ixchel 1, has large roof-top patios which are located above the living quarters. These terraces and hot tubs are very visible from the other tower, but look great, like a giant outdoor living room.

We stayed in PH 709 in the newer tower, Ixchel 2. In this tower, the jacuzzi tubs are on large balcony's, accessible directly from the condo, no stairs to climb.

Because 709 is the end unit nearest the beach, it is the most private. We loved this condo, great views of the beach. The hot tub seemed in good shape and very clean. It heated up quickly. We enjoyed looking at the stars as we sipped on wine at night in the hot tub - it doesn't get much better!

Minnesota
3. Re: Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

Not sure when you are going, but we booked one for late Oct. (wanted 709 but got 707 since the 709 is booked far in advance), but can give some more info after we get back.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 1
4. Re: Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

they are fabulous, we stayed last January and have nothing but rave reviews for the penthouse room. We were in the phase 1 bldg 504 I believe.....loved loved loved it!

Atlanta
reviews: 8
5. Re: Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

We stayed in PH 501 (VRBO Cecilia) and the unit itself was great but found we never used the jacuzzi. It was on the roof and had great views but we were out so much and tired when we returned we just didn't get around to using it. It wasn't terribly private. If you will use it then go for it, if not, don't pay the extra. We have stayed at Villa Rolandi twice and they have jacuzzis on the balcony and are much more private if you are on the upper floors.

Austin
reviews: 7
6. Re: Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

Thanks for all the advice. Both of the oceanfront penthouse rooms are booked for late Nov. but I did kind of wait a little late to book and I need the room for a whole week. We booked one of the other penthouse rooms, it will definitely be nice to have the jacuzzi to use in the evening, it can be a bit cool by the water in late Nov. but it's my favorite time to go. I looked at Villa Rolandi a couple times in the past, and I know people on TA love it, but it isn't as good of a deal.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 79
7. Re: Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

Austin, I agree with you. Rolandi may be very beautiful but I think it's over priced. Plus it's really isolated from everything so you would need a golf cart or cabs every time you wanted to go somewhere

8. Re: Has anyone stayed in the penthouse rooms at Ixchel Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 04, 2010