We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Havana

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 11
Casa Havana

Hi anybody stayed here? Our apt fell thru for Xmas and we have been offered this place as an alternative, it has a view of the sea and is down on Juarez near La Lomita restuarant.

Thanks!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
1. Re: Casa Havana

It must be new to lodging - I couldn't find any info on it . . . but if Gladys is in charge, I would bet it is fine. Weren't you going to be in Gladys apartments? Just curious! :)

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 3
2. Re: Casa Havana

Casa Havana has been around awhile, but not talked about much. I don't recall who it was that stayed there. I'll see if I can hunt up some more info. for you.

Seattle
3. Re: Casa Havana

Hi well we just booked Casa Havana. I spoke with Gladys and she says we will love it so I am going to take her word for it I trust her. But if anybody has any pics or more info on it I would love it. She did sent me some pictures, it has a balcony with a view of the water and also a roof garden, WIFI and kitchen and Air Con.

In answer to the other question about Glady's apts, I think she was in negotiations with the owner of the building and they couldn't come to an agreement or seomthing...all she said was that she wouldn't have them for high season.

OMG I am getting really excited now, I can't wait to wake up in the morning and go out to the balcony and look at that water!!!!

Plus being near La Lomita restaurant which has great food!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
4. Re: Casa Havana

Yes, it sounds good to me too - I would book in heart beat if these fares to MX would drop! You'll have to give us all the details when you get back . . . and I as well would love being handy to my favorite black bean soup! :)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
5. Re: Casa Havana

les: Gladys just sent me photos of Casa Havana and I think it would be even better than Gladys if you got a room with an ocean view - wow! They look pretty nice. :)

Seattle
6. Re: Casa Havana

Hi Coalmioner, yes we do have unit 2 which has a balcony and a view of the sea! I spoke to Gladys yesterday and she said we would love it there and the roof garden with a view of the sea is fantastic..

We are very excited now. All my husband is worried about is how are we going to get our cases of beer to the apt from the liquor store?

If that's the bigges worry we have I think we'll be ok. I told him we could hop off the ferry get one of the men with the little carts and go to the store get his case of Sol and plop it in the back.

Does anybody know if there are any grocery stores dow at that end of Juarez? We have only gone as far as La Lomita so not sure if there is anything else down there. Its going to be a bit of a trek to the supermarket in the square but who cares???

I also need to ask Gladys how many units are in Casa Havana?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
7. Re: Casa Havana

lesfaye: I think you'll be very happy there . . . I have a feeling that end of town will be quieter, you'll get to hear/see the ocean . . . and the plan for getting Sol to your apt sounds perfect. I think there are a few of those little shops - seems to be a few of those on every corner on Isla where you can get a few things - I really need to order a new Mapchick map! Oh - I love the photo of the patio she sent - looks very nice! Do make sure you post back after your stay and let us know what you thought! :)

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 3
8. Re: Casa Havana

well, you're very close to the Navy store, :)

I was just showing Perry the pictures of Casa Havana last night, and we would stay there.

I remember someone renting it maybe 2 years ago and they loved it there, but I can't remember who it was.

I think you'll be very happy in the location and that view and great ocean breeze!

Seattle
9. Re: Casa Havana

What is the Navy Store and can we shop there? What kind of stuff do they have???

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
10. Re: Casa Havana

I believe the Navy store has some great deals on booze, so it is shopped by the tourists. I haven't been, but I have heard about it for years. :)