We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beer

Can you buy cases of beer; ie corona on the island? Do they have beer stores? If so; how much?

Also.....how much for a bottle of whisky? Cheap brand.

Is it cheaper to buy in Cancun then bring over?

Thx

New York City, New...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Beer

Beer is available all over. I found that many of the mini-supers (small grocery stores) have better deals than the supermarket in the square. If I remember, six pack for US$5.00 – cans of Tecate. Cans are great because they don’t break. Glass all around a pool, lounger, etc is bad. Shards in the water … ughhh! And it does happen. Cans are more durable and you need no opener! I pop a few in the freezer – go!

Of course, the supermarket has more variety.

You can travel south on Medina passed the navy base to Superior brewery on the right. Even better prices, but glass bottles have a sur- charge, refunded on return. I don’t like it. I never did it, but people who have now go around collecting bottles and saving them. The bottles have that little beer in them that stinks after a while. Then you have to transport them back. Many times, you wait a long time for the refund - you know maňana attitude. It seems they hate to pay back the sur-charge. Unless you are having a party for 100 people …

Liquor – people do buy in Cancun like at a Costco or whatever. Unless you are buying cases for a party or a 3 month stay, buy on Isla. Transport is a PITA to save a couple dollar.

Do not buy liquor at Viva Mexico on Hidalgo. Go to Covi, 2 blocks south on Hidalgo and to the left between Hidalgo and Guerrero. I always forget the street name but I bet it is Madero!. It is right next to a dive shop. Ihear Miguel moved his Moonlite bar across from Covi. Last May, I bought a bottle of Sauza Hornitos tequila for 190 pesos, about US$13.60 at Cove . For reference I checked the same bottle at Viva – 305 pesos, US$21.80. Over US$8.00 extra.

Your best bargains are some tequilas – go to Adelita’s tequila bar and try a few 2-4-1 and see. Cheaper still are some rums and some brandies. The Supermarket has OK process but Covi is best.

2. Re: Beer

Excellent! Very informative! Thank you so much.

3. Re: Beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, October 21, 2009