We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the shell house worth it

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
calgary
reviews: 8
Is the shell house worth it

I just checked out the rates and can't believe this place goes for that cheap, anybody stayed there. I notice there is full availability on the home away site, how can this be true? Somebody please fill me in on what the deal is with this place

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 3
1. Re: Is the shell house worth it

Not sure if they are really renting it.

I have heard the house isn't in that great of shape and although kind of fun to say you stayed there, it isn't kept up very well. People I know were disappointed in it.

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 21
2. Re: Is the shell house worth it

I have never been in the house, but their calendar on home away may not be current. Many owners don't keep their calendars current on that website or on vrbo, for whatever reason.

calgary
reviews: 8
3. Re: Is the shell house worth it

It looks like the calender hasn't been revised since dec 2007, oh well. We remember seing it when we visited Isla Mujeres and now I think we want to spen a week there, maybe more. That's a shame it wasn't kept -up, looks like an interesting concept that should do well, perhaps they could have asked for more to rent it, even though its small it has potential. Thanks for all the info, we'll have to keep looking for another place.

4. Re: Is the shell house worth it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 14, 2009