We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reasonably priced beach front hotel?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grass Valley, Ca
reviews: 3
reasonably priced beach front hotel?

There are so many hotels to choose from on Isla. I'm a first timer to Isla Mujeres with my friend. Can anyone reccomend a BEACH FRONT hotel that is reasonably priced? I'm hoping for something around or less than$60-$80 per night/room.

thanks for the advice.

Southern California
reviews: 1
1. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

When are you going? Even in the off-season (we go in May) you might have problems finding anything on North Beach for that price except possibly Posadal del Mar, south of North Beach but on the beach and across from the beach.

This past year we paid $85 per night for the oldest garden/pool section rooms at Cabanas Maria del Mar. Might have to up your budget, or drop the requirement for beach front.

Grass Valley, Ca
reviews: 3
2. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

Thanks for the quick reply. We are going the end of January. Do you think we will need to make reservations for this time of year? I guess I will change my mindset and plan on a bigger budget.

Florida
3. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

Yes, you will need to make reservations for the end of January, and you definitely WILL have to increase your budget to stay in a room on Playa Norte. However, keep in mind that it is a small, narrow island, so anywhere you stay is never too far from the beach. Beaches are all public property in Mexico, and Playa Norte (Isla's favorite beach) is very accessible; however, you do usually have to pay to rent lounge chairs and umbrellas, unless your lodging provides them for guests. So unless you plan to lie on the sand, ask your hotel if loungers are included, and if not, factor that rental cost into your budget.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 89
4. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

Check out Hotel Posada del Mar. Across the street from a great beach. Good, inexpensive hotel. You are going in high-season. You should reserve now and will pay more.

Missouri
reviews: 5
5. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

Just checked Posda Del Mar thru Bestday.com for the end of Jan. & they are showing $84.00 a night for new building or older one.

Indianapolis
reviews: 2
6. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

I've been to Isla in late January the past two years. I do not believe a reservation will be needed prior to arrival. If I was looking for a deal, I'd show up without a place, then start negotiating. Most places will be 40% full in late January, and will cut a deal for immediate occupancy.

Some folks are freaked out by going on a trip without accomodations booked. I almost always book my accomodations in advance, but do an annual Pensacola Beach trip which I negotiate my condo deal while in transit. I usually get a $1800 place for about 60 cents on the dollar. It's fun negotiating when supply is large and demand is small.

If you're going to arrive late, reserve a place for one night, then do your search the next day.

Good luck.

Indianapolis
reviews: 2
7. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

January is not high season. Most travel locations, Isla Mujeres included, tend to be slow in January.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 89
8. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

All of the places I have looked at call January high season.

Florida
9. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

I agree..Posada del Mar IS the best value for (nearly) beachfront on Isla, with a pool, and close to downtown restaurants and nightlife. When you are on a budget, but want ot be ON the beach, it is NEVER a good idea to come to Isla in January without a reservation. Posada is often sold out.

Terre Haute, Indiana
reviews: 52
10. Re: reasonably priced beach front hotel?

I wouldn't come to Isla in January without a reservation. We always stay on the South end or Sac Bajo and made reservations in April. The place we wanted to try, Villa Rotundo was already completely booked. We got into Mar y Sol, but I believe they are booked solid now, too. Check out islabeckons@islabeckons.com or "mornings in mexico" for some inexp. places. We are paying $36 a night at Mar y Sol -- on the beach -- not in town though.