We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el coz or allegro for snorkeling?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kalamazoo, Michigan
reviews: 22
el coz or allegro for snorkeling?

We've narrowed it down to these two hotels. Can anyone recommend El Cozumeleno or the Allegro if we are a couple, no kids, primarily interested in snorkeling from the beach? Thanks!

Black River Falls...
reviews: 1
1. Re: el coz or allegro for snorkeling?

I don't know about the Allegro, because I've never been there, but hopefully I can get these pictures to attach to the post that were taken approximately 6 weeks ago while snorkeling at El Coz. The swimming/snorkeling area is full of marine life, especially near the concrete piers.

Black River Falls...
2. Re: el coz or allegro for snorkeling?

I'd be happy to email anyone photos of the marine life that I shot at El Coz in the beach. hcplanner@yahoo.com

Ottawa, Ontario
reviews: 2
3. Re: el coz or allegro for snorkeling?

I have no experience with the El Cozumelino but can tell you that snorkeling in the beach area resorts is poor. The more sandy the bottom the less fish life you will see. I have posted a very lengthy post about snorkeling in Cozumel which I updated a couple of days ago after returning from my trip. It is titled "helpful snorkeling information for your first trip to Cozumel" or something like that. It is only a page or 2 back & should be easy to find.

North Carolina
reviews: 64
4. Re: el coz or allegro for snorkeling?

we stayed at the coral princess, which is right near el cozumeleno. The snorkling is excellent there.

Minnesota
reviews: 5
5. Re: el coz or allegro for snorkeling?

We snorkeled at El Cozumeleno, Allegro, and Coral Princess when we were in town in Jan. Coral Princess has the best snorkeling. El Coz and Allegro are about equal. They both have sandy beaches you walk/swim out from so it is a different experience. Allegro has a much nicer beach area and isn't as busy as the El Coz.

Springfield, MO
6. Re: el coz or allegro for snorkeling?

If you stay at El Coz, go on the "Manta" snorkel excursion. It was first class. My new bride and I just returned from our honeymoon there.