We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

Looking at either of these properties. Is one considered "better" than the other, since they're both Occidental properties? Thanks!

John

Del Rio, Texas
reviews: 44
1. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

OG is the winner by far.

Littleton, Colorado
reviews: 34
2. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

The Grand is well, a bit more "Grand". We have been to both but prefer the layout and the beach at the Allegro.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 7
3. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

For the price difference,IMO the Allegro is a better value. What you give up in amenities can be used for dinners in town, or for a rental car to tour the island

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 2
4. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

A few years ago I compared the beaches at the Allegro and the Grand and the Allegro just barely beat out the Grand due to more vegetative material in the sand at the Grand. That difference was easily corrected with extra sand cleaning.

Colorado Springs
reviews: 16
5. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

I agree with CORedtop we have stayed at they Allegro twice. On our last stay we were evacuated for a hurricane to the grand. If you like staying in the room the Grand's rooms are much nicer. The Grand is very far back from the beach with a mangrove that you need to walk over a bridge. Allegro has rooms right at the beach and I really prefer their layout. We spent one night at the Grand and couldn't wait to get back to the Allegro.

Ontario
reviews: 39
6. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

^^We must've been there at the same time, joesomebody. "Hurricane" Paula?

Breckenridge...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

They are both very nice. We loved the lunch area at the Grand but enjoyed the how close the rooms were to the beach at the Allegro. Rooms are much nicer at the Grand but then how much time is spent in them? The property at the Grand is much more cozy with all the trees and such and the Allegro is much more open. So I guess I would say which ever one you go to there will be things to enjoy and some things you might complain about but both are a good place to vacation!! That being said we have chosen to go to the Allegro this year...

Green Bay, Wisconsin
8. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

I see you are from Wisconsin. We are from Shawano, WI and booked to stay at Allegro March 2-9th. Can't wait to get out of this cold weather!

Colorado Springs
reviews: 16
9. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

Desmei yes that was the hurricane could you believe the frogs the next night? Can't wait to get back next week!!

Edited: 2:45 pm, February 13, 2014
Ft.Worth Tx
reviews: 1
10. Re: Occidental Grand vs. Allegro: And The Winner Is.....

The Allegro and the Grand are both owned by Occidental Hotels so there will be a lot of similarities between them. The Allegro is probably 10-15 years older and the rooms are smaller and simpler than the rooms at the Grand. I sleep in my room and that is about it. The Grand is considered a little more up scale. The beaches are pretty similar. I have stayed at the Allegro maybe 7-8 times but I have never stayed at the Grand (taken the tour though). Usually the Allegro is about $+100/person cheaper for a week stay than the Allegro. I always seem to decide to save the money and put it toward my diving.