We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystic Snorkeling Tour - Best for Beginners?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina
reviews: 20
Mystic Snorkeling Tour - Best for Beginners?

Never snorkeled before in Cozumel. Went last year in Akumal and some other lagoon and wasnt overly impressed. Saw maybe two species of fish and no coral formations. Hear that the snorkeling in Cozumel reefs is the best that the area has to offer, would you agree? We are thinking of using this company called Mystic Snorkeling Tour. Seems highly recommended. Any one think that we would have a better experience using a different company in the area? Want to see 2 or 3 of the best snorkel areas. Not interested in a "booze cruise" type of tour. Just want safe tour guides that can show us lots of cool stuff. Is there a best time do snorkel in terms of day part or day of the week in the Cozumel area? When not so busy? We will be there December 28th for one week staying in PDC. Any info to ensure we have a great snorkeling experience is appreciated. Thanks!!

Del Rio, Texas
reviews: 44
21. Re: Mystic Snorkeling Tour - Best for Beginners?

If the OP has snorkeled before there isn't much need to practise is there? After you've done it once and have the hang of it there shouldn't be any worries...the guide are going to take care of you. El Cielo is beautiful but nothing to see except some starfish. It's not a snorkel spot and after about 15 minutes there I'm bored-unless Tiger & J.J. are bringing me snacks and drinks.

Edited: 8:58 pm, November 20, 2013
Myrtle Beach, South...
reviews: 6
22. Re: Mystic Snorkeling Tour - Best for Beginners?

i totally concur...couldn't have said it better froggy

corpus christi texas
reviews: 13
23. Re: Mystic Snorkeling Tour - Best for Beginners?

El cielo is beautiful but once you have seen it no need to go back every time you take an excursion. I dont mind going back every few years or so especially if we take someone new. That's why a private trip is great!

Regina
reviews: 20
24. Re: Mystic Snorkeling Tour - Best for Beginners?

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your feedback.

Mystic said that they had the real type of life jackets as well YIPPEE. I inquired about a private tour for the four of us and that may just be the way we go to ensure the best experience. Its not much more than as part of a group.

Counting down the days...

25. Re: Mystic Snorkeling Tour - Best for Beginners?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 23, 2014