We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan, USA
reviews: 78
Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

Hubby and I will be back in Cozumel in 2 months on a cruise and we hit the Money Bar last time we were there about a year ago.

It appears they are still open (found their website still going strong). Did see they offer "day use" packages now though for a fee. Last time we were there we had all our own equipment (and will again), we just stopped in ate some lunch and had a drink then we were able to go in and snorkel with no other associated fees. Anyone know if they will still let you do this, or do we need to plan on paying some kind of "day use" fee?

Also, how much should we expect a taxi to be from the cruise port... I believe last time it was a set $7 or $9.....

Thanks!

26 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
1. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

they rent snorkel gear and lockers

No extra fee to go snorkeling if you go there for drinks / food

Del Rio, Texas
reviews: 35
2. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

You will find it the same in all regards except the cab fare will be a bit higher than the last time you were there. Have fun! You must have enjoyed it alot since you are going for a 2nd time....there are other wonderful places as well. Why not branch out?

connecticut
reviews: 11
3. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

If you love snorkeling Punta Sur is awesome!

Michigan, USA
4. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

We liked the laid back vibe going on at the Money Bar and that we could snorkel on our own, at our leisure without having to pay for a tour or go with a group. When we were there last, there was only like 10 other people total, and the snorkeling while not great, was adequate.

I am totally open for other suggestions if someone has one to offer. Would love to try some place new. Looking for the same set up.... nice quiet place we can snorkel on our own, maybe catch a bite to eat and some drinks with decent facilities (bathroom, lockers, etc.)...and some beach area for lounging.

Also, if anyone knows, what is the new rate we should expect to pay for the taxi?

michigan
reviews: 12
5. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

We went to the money bar on 2 occasions from El Cid La Cieba a couple of weeks ago which is just next door to the International pier and the Puerta Maya pier, it cost us 70 pesos 1day and the next time it was 60 pesos. I timed it on my watch after the first trip and it is only 2/3 mins away from piers, but might I suggest going next door to the El Cid La Cieba hotel and get the day package. I think it cost $45 for all you can eat and drink. They have the best shore snorkeling that we have seen, the money bar can be somewhat of a hit and a miss.Email them to make enquire about the price.

http://www.elcid.com/contact_us/

Have a great day on Cozumel.

Del Rio, Texas
6. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

Punta Sur is great but be aware that is a 200 yd. swim out to the snorkel spot. Very good snorkeling there. Gorgeous uncrowded beach...minimal food and drinks. $12. entry fee. Plus it's farther south so the cab ride will be more.

We also like Playa Azul & Club Cozumel Caribe (aka Buccano's) both north of town. Good snorkeling right from shore. No entry fee at PA. CCC charges $10. but deducts it from your food/drink bill. CCC has a pool also.

You can Google up some pictures and more info about these places. You'll find Punta Sur under Cozumel Parks.

Michigan, USA
7. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

CCC looks awesome!!! This looks like it could be right up our alley, have you been here and the Money Bar by chance... which is better in your opinion? Also, what would a taxi run to get to CCC? and are there frequent taxis that can take you back from here (don't want to get there and find it is hard to get back to the ship).

New York City, New...
reviews: 16
8. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

I like both Money Bar and CCC. Both have a nice beach, good food and decent snorkeling. We go to both often. Honestly, I will only go to CCC on non cruise ship day. It can get to crowded for me. Some cruise ships have an excursion to the climbing wall on the property and the group spills over to the restaurant, pool and beach. I also like Paradise Beach. It does get cruisers but the property is huge and even when there are lots of people, I can always find a quiet place to sit and enjoy the day. The food is good, it's a bit pricey, and the snorkeling is OK. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Del Rio, Texas
9. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

But Paradise Beach doesn't have any good snorkeling. Last time I was at CCC it was a rainy Sunday and there were only 2 other tables of people there...so can't comment on crowds there. I'm not such a fan of Money Bar. I would pick Playa Azul.

Sugar Hill, Georgia
reviews: 23
10. Re: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please

We stayed at El Cid this past June for a week & loved it! The snorkeling was great and we noticed that cruisers could get a day pass but even so, the beach was never crowded. They have 2 day pass options; one is use of facilities & one drink and one is facilities, drink & one meal. El Cid is an easy walk from the cruise terminal so you also save about $14-$16 on round trip taxi fare. And, since you're close to the ship, you have more time for fun snorkeling and enjoying the beach.

Reply to: Specific Questions on Money Bar Please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted