We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dzul Ha

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Andover, Mn
reviews: 3
Dzul Ha

Does anyone know where Dzul Ha is in relation to Hotel Cozumel? I have heard it is good for snorkeling but can't find it on most maps.

North Carolina
reviews: 64
11. Re: Dzul Ha

Hi,

I didn't find it dangerous at all getting in and out the water. There are a couple of spots you can go into the water. There is a set of stairs on one end and a walk in entrance at the other. Go out about 100 feet. The snorkeling is excellent. Just buy a coke or drink, there is no admission charge. They have chairs, locker rentals and equipment rentals there. The current was not bad at all the week we went..Tip: do not use the outdoor showers to wash the salt off. SMELLS LIKE SEWER'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan
reviews: 3
12. Re: Dzul Ha

No, what I meant in my post is that Dzul Ha is NOT dangerous, and suggest that reather than getting into the ocean on the beach north of the club...

Northern California
reviews: 1
13. Re: Dzul Ha

sounds like dzul ha it is...thanks for all of the information

Smithfield, UT
14. Re: Dzul Ha

Dzul Ha was our FAVORITE place on the island! Not sure what it was about it but we skipped other plans to come back. It was the best snorkeling we saw, 8 foot baraccudas, 6 foot rays, eels. (I think the reason we saw these big fish was because of our timing. A local told us to wait till about 5 at night when everyone on the beach leaves and the "cattle" boats stop throwing hoards of people in the water.) Food was good and reasonably priced. The guys that worked on the beach were very nice and far from pushy. I am kind of hesitant in writing this because when I return I don't want to compete with a hundred other people for a spot in the sand like we did at San Fransico beach. But it seems selfish to not inform others of this little peice of paradise. HAVE FUN!!

Northern California
15. Re: Dzul Ha

Medo...I TOTALLY understand what you're saying and agree... I will say that I get more joy when I recommend a place to someone when I am on vacation, and they enjoy it as much as I did...little,hidden places that you discover while on vacation are the absolute best becuase it's like Christmas...unexpected surprises...I am assuming the National Parque Chankanaab is wayyyyyyyyyy crowded...when you snorkeled at 5pm, were yo the absolute only ones there? The beach club closed down...my wife is a little leery of being at a place and no one else is around...reminding her that I will be there didn't seem to alleviate her concerns at all...was Dzul Ha realllllllllllllllly crowded during the day and a LOT of tour boats hit it also during the day? I take it, that you would recommend not taking a cattle boat, and snorkel on your own...we will be taking the bus to Playa from Cancun and takin the ferry across to Coz... and then I guess a taxi to Dzul Ha and other snorkeling spots...do they have scooters or golf carts? I've heard that the Coral Princess Hotel is good also

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 11
16. Re: Dzul Ha

By the way, the food and view at the little restaurant is really pretty good. We really enjoyed the guacamole. He asked us if we wanted the chile peppers with it. Do get this, it had tremendous flavor.

Smithfield, UT
17. Re: Dzul Ha

Mr. Teach,

In response, no, Chankanab was not at all crowded because we went on a Sun. when there is now cruise ships in town. I think we saw maybe 50 people all day. This may sound like a lot but it really isn't because the place is so big. Yes, about 5 pm. most of the people are gone, just a couple other die hards like us waiting for the sunset. I really doubt they would cut off the drinks because of time. I assume as long as your buying the food and drinks won't go anywhere. Well not before dark anyways. Dzul Ha was not very crowded each time we went. Others there of course, but we never felt closed in or couldn't get around. Well that is until the Fury Cat. and other snorkel boats dump 50 people in the water around where you are snorkeling as you watch all the good fish swim to the deep. So that answers your next question, absoulutely in no way would I pay the 40 or 50 bucks to go on a snorkel trip. Anywhere they take you, you can get from the shore. Don't waste your money. Saw lots of people on scooters, well let me rephrase, saw lots of people crash on scooters. Quite commical when there was not serious injury otherwise very tramatizing to watch. Don't get a scooter, just take a cab. You'll have a better chance of making it to your destination. Coz. is woderful, enjoy your time. We stayed at a WONDERFUL small hotel but I am very hesitant it revealing it to everyone. This time I may be selfish. Only 20 rooms so I don't want to have get on the 2 year waiting list if I tell everyone about it. I think I will keep this one a secret for now.

Texas
reviews: 5
18. Re: Dzul Ha

I am glad a lot of you share info..Last year we went skiing at Big Bear,Ca..I researched online and found a natural hot spring with a hot tub..It took work to find,but well worth it!! I think half of people,when traveling to another country, like tours and organized agenda..The other half are like us and seek adventure..If you avoid the cattle boats you will be fine..Also,do not miss night snorkeling..

Northern California
19. Re: Dzul Ha

I will have to miss night snorkeling as I will not be staying on Cozumel, but Cancun, but I will imagine what it is like...I'm very grateful for all of the advice and information...don't worry about the 20 room hotel...I probably won't be able to make it back to Cozumel anyway, unless my wife absolute LOVES it... we have a thing about going back to the same place...also, she absolutely will NOT compromise about the scooters...i told her what you said, and she laughed, and said, "well, I'm falling down then..." Oh well, as you know, "hell hath no fury like the scorn of a woman"

Northern California
20. Re: Dzul Ha

Also, we can't go on a Sunday as we arrive and leave on a Sunday...therefore, we just might see Mr. and Mrs. Cruise Ship after all...which is fine...I wouldn't be disposed of denying someone their piece of paradise...well...maybe just a little...I do remember captain cook on the big island of hawaii...and this catamaran pulled in at about 10am and 2pm...and a horde of snorkelers came out, and then it got all quiet when they left...we kayaked a couple of miles to get over to it...and stayed the whole day...VERY quiet when the hordes left...we ALMOST took the tour until a kayak operator told us about his rentals...now, we own kayaks...such is life...