We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 4
Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

I'll be giving an official review later, but just wanted to say that everything was great, as usual for us.

Much to my surprise the gift shop that was there before and seem to be "floundering" and has been bought by Cinco Soles! It was nice to be able to pick up a few things while I was there. They still have the necessary items that you might need: toiletries and some stomach meds, etc.

We only had a little trouble getting a hut one or two days, later in the day. All the rest of the time, there were plenty of huts. Even up in the day, they still had several. I counted them and they have 20 now. I could tell there had been additions, but didn't ask when they were added.

Went to the fun beach party, dancing and games and Karma was the band. Karma also plays at the pool. Sorry, forgot what day, but people were having fun. I was looking around in the pool and noticed there were all ages of people in the pool together, standing around drinking and conversing...it was a good thing to see, since some people on here says it's not much for the younger set of "romantics. There were several weddings on the beach and "renewals." Talked to one couple and they said that was their new place to go. They were "hooked."

I didn't see anyone complaining about anything there, they all seemed pretty happy and "docile." LOL.

We were supposed to stay 10 days but ended up having to stay 3 extra nights, because I had a bit of a problem when diving. I should have known better! I'm fine now and I think I'm better for it. Sometimes we all need a wake-up call and I had mine. I'm all good and thankful. Don't really want to go into the details. I did post on Facebook for my friends. I don't think it's really necessary to go into details here, but I will say to never take your experience for granted or get too confident. Lesson learned the hard way.

The entire staff at El Coz were so attentive and helped me in every way while I was there, having to have bed and room rest several days. They were awesome and I thank them so much!

They have a new F&B Manager, Carlos Arroyo and he was excellent! He had a copy of the things I couldn't eat and if I called Room Service or ordered something I couldn't have, he even "reminded" me! Who does that? LOL. I couldn't have had that much help here at home! LOL.

I did get some feedback on the food that people seem to complain about, either bland, or spicy, whatever. They have people from all different countries, and they try to satisfy the different tastes. Like anywhere else, or any restaurant, there were food that I wouldn't have eaten, so I ordered from the menu. I've really concluded that there are some people that can't be satisfied, other than having a 5 star restaurant. Some days, I just wanted something lighter and had salads, fruits, pasta and guacamole. I must have gained 5lbs while I was there! Now to work it off!

I guess I'll end it here, but just wanted to do a quick review of our experiences.

By the way, it was between $7 or $8 into town...it depended on the driver. Sometimes, we could even talk them down, but some wouldn't "bend."

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
21. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

Thanks!

Yes,,,,hate the walls.

By the way the "Sexy" doc wasn't rude. Piccolo is just "stern". LOL I told him he has the bedside manner of one of my doctors here at home!!! LOL

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
22. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

Dr. "Fernando" was the "hottie". LOL. Seriously, yes, they're really good doctors there and I knew they were. I've heard all about Dr. Piccolo from some of the other divers.

cozumel
23. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

Aw geez, you two, please don't say you "hate" the walls which are some of the best diving sites on the island........that is what dive computers and depth gauges are for, right?

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
24. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

Right! LOL.

But even after diving all the years, I just try to avoid them. Yes, there are some great sea life there.

I will rephrase that...."when diving the walls, be Xtra, xtra careful"! lol

Since I'm feeling really idiotic about my mishap, I have to laugh about it so I don't feel so bad.

25. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:06 am, May 16, 2013
MI
reviews: 30
26. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

Oceanfreak, I am glad you are okay. And I think it's great that you shared your experience. It probably helps more than you know. If your story gives even one person the "heads-up" to take extra caution, then it's well worth telling.

We always stay at Playa Azul, but we often go down to El Coz to visit (actually we snorkel down and walk back). We like to visit the gift shop and I think it's great that Cinco Soles took it over.

I wish we could dive like you and others do. I am just too scared now to do it. So count yourself a brave woman and wise, too, as you made a mistake and learned from it.

HUGS!

Edmond, Oklahoma
reviews: 3
27. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

16 DAYS till our trip to Cozumel and El Coz. We have stayed there many times and love the location and the view!

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
28. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

I think you'll love El Coz. They're just a great family of people there...so friendly.

As far as my incident, I'll just say this...I knew better, but for one dive and the very last dive of my trip, for some reason, lost the reality of it all. Maybe subconsciously, I knew it was my last and would be a long time that I would dive again and got lost in the moment. I've said before, that I really think it happened for a reason. I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks all for your well wishes. I wish this wasn't on my El Coz link though! LOL

Cabo San Lucas...
29. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

Hi Pat. Glad you're ok. Hugs.

Edited: 11:46 pm, May 16, 2013
30. Re: Quick Review of My Stay at El Coz!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 18, 2014